Housing at 7th and Vine is an innovative project to address the core community need of affordable seniors housing on the Westside of Vancouver. There are fifteen 1-bedroom units for low-income seniors located just above the Neighbourhood House offices and programming space.
Residents at 7th and Vine will have a unique housing experience, being an integral part in creating a thriving, inclusive, vibrant, and welcoming community. Kits House is a lively hub for Westside residents to connect, share and build community together. Various community programs, events, and activities take place there on a daily basis.
TENANT SELECTION CRITERIA
– Older adults / seniors 55 years and older.
– Individuals with income which is $38,000 or less. Individuals with no more than $100,000 is assets. This is set by the BC Housing Household Income Limit (HIL).
– Priority to individuals currently living on the Westside of Vancouver (Granville west to UBC, Water south to 43rd Ave). If the list of applicants from the Westside has been exhausted, individuals who have previously lived on the Westside or have connections to the Westside will be considered.
– Priority to individuals who are inadequately housed; homeless, living in temporary shelter / housing, living with family / friends, high rent contribution (more than 30% of income), or current housing does not meet their needs (physical and mental health, social, emotional, cultural, and safety needs).
– Priority to individuals who value volunteerism and are willing and able to contribute 5 volunteer hours / month.
– Priority to individuals who value an inclusive, diverse, and neighbourly living environment.
NOTE: Kits House reserves the right to modify selection criteria based on emerging needs.
1. To apply, please visit the BC Housing website. You can apply online or print an application from their website. Or pick one up from their office or the Kits House Seniors Resource Centre. http://www.bchousing.org/Options/Subsidized_Housing/Apply
2. Fill out the Housing Registry Application Form.
Please ensure that you use the 7th & Vine code: DCG
3. Mail or drop off your application to the BC Housing Home Office or fax to 604.439.4729.
BC Housing Home Office, Suite 101 – 4555 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC V5H 4V8
The application deadline is November 15, 2013. If we do not select all the residents during this time there will be a second deadline on February 14, 2014.
For more information click here.