Family Resources for learning at Home!
- The San Diego Zoo has a website just for kids with amazing videos, activities, and games. Enjoy the tour!
- Tour Yellowstone National Park!
- Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover.
- This Canadian site FarmFood 360 offers 11 Virtual Tours of farms from minks, pigs, and cows, to apples and eggs
- Indoor Activities for busy toddlers
- Play games and learn all about animals
- Play with fave show characters and learn too
- Travel to Paris, France to see amazing works of art at The Louvre with this virtual field trip.
- This Virtual Tour of the Great Wall of China is beautiful and makes history come to life.
- Math and Reading games
- Phonics skills
- This iconic museum located in the heart of London allows virtual visitors to tour the Great Court and discover theg ancient Rosetta Stone and Egyptian mummies.
- Read, play games, and hang out with Dr. Seuss
- 300,000+ FREE printable worksheets from toddlers to teens
- Geography and animals
- Math practice from counting to algebra and geometry
- Fave kids books read by famous people
- Crafts, activities, mazes, dot to dot, etc,
- High school chemistry topics
- Math and reading games
- Math and language games
- Hands on Elem science videos
- Voice based learning… learn through Alexa
- Fun games, recipes, crafts, activities
- ClickSchooling brings you daily recommendations by email for entertaining websites that help your kids learn.
- Math as a fun part of your daily family routine
- Games to get “into the book”
- Online history classes for all ages preteen through adults
- Elem Math through 6th grade
- Educational games K-12
- Digital archive of history
- Test Prep for SAT, ACT, etc.
- Resources for Spanish practice
- Chinese learning activities
- Music is for everyone
- Science, Math, Social Studies
- Grammar practice for middle grades
Mental Health Resources
We know that parents and caregivers might be feeling additional stress and anxiety during the COVID-19 pandemic, as we all navigate disrupted routines and changes to home, school, and work life. We get this, and would like to invite you to take 20 minutes for yourself to care for any anxious nerves, and nourish your capacity for wellness and resilience in the midst of crisis.
Join facilitators Dr. Dzung Vo and Dr. Joanna McDermid (below) of the BC Children’s Hospital Centre for Mindfulness, for a free 15-minute LIVE mindfulness session plus a 5 minute Q&A using Zoom videoconferencing! However busy or hectic your day might be, this powerful session of mindfulness will aim to bring you a sense of calm and comfort.
Healthy Sleeping Workshops
Vancouver Public Library
Program Events https://vpl.bibliocommons.com/events/search/index -for children, teens and adults
VPL Kids Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/VPLKids/-Please join the group to watch story times, book talks, boredom busters, and more. This is a family friendly site.
VPL Learning From Home https://www.vpl.ca/guide/learning-home? -Has many resources for students and parents wanting to keep up their school learning and
VPL Stuck at Home http://www.vpl.ca/digitalkids– many resources for kids and family’s recreational needs including ebooks, streaming video, and more.