Better at Home
Better at Home is a program that helps seniors with simple non-medical, day-to-day tasks so that they can continue to live independently in their own homes, and remain connected to their communities. The Government of British Columbia funds the program, while the United Way of the Lower Mainland manages it.
- Transportation to medical appointments by screened and trained volunteer drivers
- Assistance with Grocery Shopping
- Light Housekeeping by contractors
- Volunteer Visiting – The visits are based on interests and activities shared by senior and volunteer such as walking, reading, light gardening, computer skills assistance
- Walking group for seniors followed by tea
- Pet Care (Dog walking, cage & litter box cleaning, basic grooming)
Kitsilano BAH Program is delighted to be the recipient of the 2016 Community Partner Award by our housekeeping contractor Jewish Family Services Agency.
Better at Home is funded by the Government of BC and managed by the United Way
Seniors must be 65+ years
The catchment area is from the water to west of Granville Street and north of King Edward Avenue.
Fees are on a sliding scale according to the senior’s income. An intake at the senior’s home with the program coordinator is required.
604-736-3588 ext. 603