English Conversation Circles
Tuesdays | September 22 – November 24
Intermediate with Kristin – 2:45pm- 4:15 pm
Advanced with Arlene – 11-12:30 pm
Thursdays | September 24 – November 26
Beginner with Pam 11-12:30 pm
Beginner with Avria 1:00 pm -2:30 pm
*sign up is limited to one circle per participant
Which level is right for you?
- I can understand better when people speak slowly, clearly, and with not too many words.
- I don’t know many words in English.
- I find it difficult to speak in complete sentences.
- I often have to repeat myself and use gestures to be understood.
- I often need to stop and ask for help to say what I mean.
- I usually understand speakers of English. I sometimes have to ask them to repeat.
- My vocabulary is basic, but usually adequate.
- I still make mistakes in grammar and pronunciation.
- People I’m talking to can usually understand me.
- I sometimes need to pause to figure out how to put my thoughts into English.
- I can understand most things that people say to me.
- I have a fairly large vocabulary.
- I can use most verb tenses without errors.
- I converse quite comfortably without too many pauses.
All Circles are led by English-speaking volunteer hosts. Please be aware that Circles are not classes or lessons. They are groups where discussions are about things that interest you.
Check back at the end of August for information about the Fall online (Zoom) English Conversation Circles schedule and how to register!
- Find your level
- Register online through Eventbrite– it will say this program is free, but there is a cost to attend the KNH Fall ECC
- $35 ECC Program Fee – Paypal & Credit Card accepted (use the “Add to cart” button below to pay)
- $10 KNH Membership
Space in each circle is limited – we ask that if you sign up for an English Conversation Circles that you are committed to attending all the sessions. Participants are limited to signing up for just one Circle in the Fall Sessions.