Family Play Time
A participant-led program, for families with children 0 – 5 years old,
A safe space to engage with the community, meet neighbours, share skills and have Circle Time together.
We are accepting families to register to one of the weekly groups for the whole month (4 sessions). Make sure your membership is up to date and contact Jimena to sign up.
Kits House – 2305 West 7th Ave, Vancouver
Date & Time
Starting October 5th, 2020
Monday, Wednesday & Friday
Group A) 10am – 10:45 am
Group B) 11:15am – 12pm
3:00pm – 3:45pm
$3 for one child
$5 for two children
$7 for 3 children or more
We are accepting families to register to one of the groups for the whole month (4 sessions). Make sure your membership is up to date and contact Jimena to sign up.
Access will be different:
Entrance through the Main Hall door (not lobby as previously)
if you bring your stroller be ready to pull it up the stairs.
Wheelchairs will have access to the elevator.
How we will Maintain Safety in our Family Play Time
· Complete Covid-19 health screening checklist during pre-registration online
· Complete Covid-19 health screening checklist before admission into Family Playtime with a KNH staff member
· Stay home if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms
o Fever (see below)
o Cough or worsening of chronic cough
o Shortness of breath
o Sore throat
o Runny nose
o Loss of sense of smell or taste
o Loss of appetite
o Nausea and vomiting
o Muscle aches
· Sanitize your hands when entering Kits House and when leaving the building
· Wearing masks and shields are encouraged for protection when social distancing cannot be maintained among adults.
· Keep 2-meter distance between yourself and other adults
· We are sanitizing any toys or materials between sessions.
· We will have a maximum capacity of 20 participants each day we run the program
How to tell if your child may be ill:
· Notice a change of behaviour, appetite and personality
· Child May be irritable, cranky or sleepy
· Child may have decreased appetite
· Child may not be interested in playing or activities as they normally would
· May have lost their sense of smell or taste
What to do if you or your child is feeling ill at Family Play Time:
· Put on a mask and leave Kits House immediately
· Notify our staff that you or your child is feeling ill
· Call 811 and describe your symptoms · Go to https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en and take the Self-Assessment
· Visit a doctor’s office or virtual doctor through Babylon by Telus App
· If feeling shortness of breath, please inform staff and they will call 911
What to do if you have been exposed to Covid-19 and you visited our program:
· Please inform staff at KNH immediately as we need to support Public Health with their contact tracing
· Follow all directions of Public Health (ie. testing/self isolation etc.