Kits me…Love the ‘hood you’re in!
We know people love Kitsilano.
Check out their stories!
The first part of ‘Kits me’ was a STORY CONTEST. 89 stories were selected and these people were then invited to get their picture taken for their own personalized street banner. The ‘Kits me’ street banners are up West 4th between Fir and Balsam. There will also be window paintings along West Broadway. CLICK HERE for all the ‘Kits me’ STORIES.
The second part of ‘Kits me’ are the ‘Kits me’ BUTTONS. People buy buttons and enjoy local shopping perks. So it pays to wear your button! ‘Kits me’ buttons will be available in select stores along West 4th and West Broadway soon. Check back for updates on the buttons.
The third part of ‘Kits me’ is a FUNDRAISER for Kits House. By purchasing ‘Kits me’ buttons, you support the important community programs and services that Kits House provides to families, youth, newcomers and seniors on Vancouver’s Westside. Merchants are also asked to donate a portion of their ‘Kits me’ generated sales back to Kits House.
In short, the purpose behind ‘Kits me’ is three-fold:
1. To get people to talk about what makes Kits an awesome place to live and do business;
2. To connect local merchants to the community thereby encouraging people to shop locally;
3. To raise awareness and funds for Kits House.
We are grateful for the media attention ‘Kits me’ has received. Here is the CBC News clip!
For more information about ‘Kits me…Love the ‘hood you’re in’ contact:
- Russ Davies at the West 4th BIA at email@example.com
- Michelle Barile at the West Broadway BIA firstname.lastname@example.org
‘Kits me…Love the ‘hood you’re in!’ partners: