Income Tax Clinics
The Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP) is a collaboration between the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and community organizations, such as Kitsilano Neighbourhood House. Volunteers will complete and submit tax returns for Westside residents with a modest income and a simple tax situation as outlined in the program criteria below. Note that it is a volunteer that will be completing the tax return and not a tax specialist or accountant. Please treat these hardworking volunteers with respect.
Kits House – 2305 West 7th Ave, Vancouver
Date & Time
The appointment schedule opens Feb 19th, 2019 for half hour tax clinic appointments in March & April. Tax Clinics run Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday – times vary each day. Call in to front desk for appointment availability information.
Please bring all your papers, including all your receipts sorted and tallied
- Single person up to $35,000
- Two people up to $45,000
- Three people up to $47,50000 (add $2,500 for each additional child)
- Tax returns for the current year only
- You must be present when your tax return is being prepared.
- You are a resident living on the Westside of Vancouver.
Returns that do not qualify
- Self-employment income
- Business or rental income and expenses
- Capital gains or losses
- Employment expenses
- Filed for bankruptcy
- Returns for a deceased person
- Previous year or multi-year returns
- Foreign income
- Interest income is over $1,000
- You are over the maximum income level for this program
- Not here in person when the tax return is being processed.
Free for Westside Residents with Kits House Membership or by suggested $20 donation to Kits House.
Don’t live on the Westside?
Click HERE to find information about other tax clinics offered in Vancouver.
Please respect the Volunteers.
Rudeness or disrespect towards volunteers will not be tolerated and will result in you being asked to make alternate arrangement to have your taxes prepared.