Kitsilano Neighbourhood House is a friendly neighbourhood place. People of all ages and cultures come together to enjoy programs and services that make the Westside a healthy, safe and vibrant community in which to live and do business. Kits House is a non-profit registered charitable organization providing services on the Westside of Vancouver from Granville Street to UBC, from Musqueam to Cornwall Street.
Kitsilano Neighbourhood House is looking for enthusiastic, mature, dedicated, effective team members for the position of Childcare Assistant to work in our Out of School Care programs. The successful candidates will have excellent guiding and caring skills and the ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural, and energetic environment.
To provide quality out of school care to children in an inclusive, multicultural and co-operative team environment. As a part of this diverse childcare team you will be responsible for assisting with program planning and delivery, preparation of snack, general supervision and ensuring the safety and well-being of the children in the program.
- Must have a minimum of 20 hrs of childcare training in child development, guidance, health and safety and or nutrition.
- Related experience working in childcare setting
- Must have valid First Aid Certificate.
- Strong planning, organizational, leadership, and communication skills.
- Ability/experience working with families of program participants.
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multi-programmed environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a non-profit and volunteer-based organization.
- Able to participate in activities with the children and work flexible hours.
- Creativity, initiative, enthusiasm, flexibility and a good sense of humour.
Additional Qualifications are an asset:
- Second language
- Class 4 driver
- ECE Certification
Salary: $14.71 an hour
Schedule: Monday – Friday 2:00-6:00 (some mornings and evenings occasionally)
Expected Start Date: January 5th 2015
Submit resumes and covering letters by Friday, December 5, 2014 to:
Submit resumes and cover letters: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Kits House is an equal opportunity employer.