Community Engagement Assistant
Food Security, Marketing & Events
The hub of Vancouver West since 1894, Kits House is serving the needs of Vancouver Westside’s diverse population by offering programs and services for low income residents, single parents, children, youth, isolated seniors, new and long-time residents. It is also an excellent historical site where you can host your next meeting, event or wedding.
This is a unique opportunity and position working under the department of Community Programs, with a focus on Food Security, Marketing and Events. We are seeking a self-motivated, high energy, compassionate individual to join the Kits House team. This position reports to two supervisors; the Community Programs Coordinator as well as the Marketing & Special Projects Coordinator. The primary responsibilities of this position are to assist in the Westside Community Food Market and other food security programming as needed, promote Kits House programs and events via traditional and online methods, as well as being Kits House’s lead representative at summer festivals.
- Aid in the execution of the Westside Community Food Market in partnership with SPEC and Project Manager
- Attend and facilitate the monthly Community Potluck throughout the summer
- Assist Community Programs Coordinator in evaluating current Kits House tenant gardens
- Work with Community Programs Coordinator to explore food security issues in Vancouver’s Westside and support the growth of the Westside Food Collaborative through expanding community partnerships
- Manage and create content for Kits House social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Create monthly newsletter campaigns highlighting Kits House programs and community events.
- Aid in the coordination and update of the Fall Program guide.
- Promote Kits House programs and events on online and in print via media outlets and postering.
- Aid in creating/updating event and programs posters and brochures.
- Update Kits House program pages and blog on website as needed.
- Determine volunteer schedule for events and communicate with the Volunteer Coordinator required needs.
- Manage the logistics of, and attending, Kits House booth at summer festivals as well as supervise Kits House volunteers.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be a youth under 30 years old.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and some weekends
- Superior organizational and administrative skills, ability to multi task and meet strict deadlines
- Keen interest in food security and sustainability
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and able to apply broad project goals to create a specific work plan
- Ability to energetically engage 1-on-1 with the public to promote the organization’s mission, mandate and goals
- Proficiency with Publisher, MS Word, Excel, MailChimp, Facebook, HootSuite, WordPress, and Canva
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity
- Ability to respect and work with a diverse range of employees, volunteers, participants and community members including; all ages, families, religions, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and economic levels.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and team skills, with the ability to maintain good working relationships while working under pressure.
- A clear Criminal Record check.
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license is preferred.
Salary: $19.29 per hour.
Schedule: 35 Hours per week, 13 Weeks, occasional evenings and weekend work
Start date: June 3rd, 2019 – August 31st, 2019
Application Process: Please submit your cover letter, resume, and 3 references by Wednesday May 22nd, 4:00pm to: email@example.com.
Please review our website http://www.kitshouse.org before applying.
Indigenous youth and youth who are members of a visible minority are encouraged to apply
***No phone calls please, let your written presentation do the talking***
Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC (ANHBC) is an equal opportunity employer.? We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position. Our total compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to our staff and their family. For more information about ANHBC please visit www.anhbc.org.
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will proactively contact those selected for interviews.
ANHBC Member Houses: Alex NH, Cedar Cottage NH, Frog Hollow NH, Gordon NH, Kitsilano NH, Mount Pleasant NH, South Vancouver NH and Sasamat Outdoor Center
Submit resumes and covering letters by Wednesday, May 22, 2019 to:
Janick Hayek, firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Kits House is an equal opportunity employer.