Community Event Coordinator
(Student Summer Position)
35 hours per week for 16 weeks
The hub of Vancouver West since 1894, Kits House is serving the needs of Vancouver Westside’s diverse population by offering programs and services for low income residents, single parents, children, youth, isolated seniors, new and long-time residents. It is also an excellent historical site where you can host your next meeting, event or wedding.
Working in a fundraising and marketing team under the direction of the Fundraising Coordinator, the primary responsibility of this position is to assist with the logistical side of the organization of the Autumn fair, Weekly summer markets and to promote them through social media. There is a strong desire to reach First nation, immigrant and minority groups within our community. This role will help to achieve this through event logistics, marketing, communications and related special projects.
- Event, fundraising, special programs and marketing projects as needed
- Provide logistical planning and support with the fundraising coordinator and the events coordinator in all activities
- Update social media, live social media posts
- Implement the communications plan
- Organize special events in liaison with the Fundraising Coordinator, including fundraising events, celebrations, and similar
- Coordinate volunteers and interns to assist with events
- Logistical planning and implementation for events, reports from events.
- Liaise with Volunteer coordinator
- Edit brochures, posters
- Update website and electronic communications
- Maintain in-house marketing including signage, visual display (static, 3D and electronic) and external signage
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be an existing registered full-time student aged between 15 and 30.
- You must be intending to return to school and be either a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or have official refugee status.
- Post-secondary education in social sciences or business
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in a coordinating role
- Knowledge of organizational communication and marketing required
- Superior organizational and administrative skills, ability to multi task and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and able to apply broad project goals to create a specific work plan
- Ability to make external contacts and ability to promote the organization’s mission, mandate and goals to an external audience
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and design tools
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity
- Ability to respect and work with a diverse range of employees, clients and community members including children, and families of all races, religions, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and economic levels
- Outgoing, excellent interpersonal, communication and team skills, with the ability to maintain good working relationships while working under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively with staff, volunteers, community members, and community organizations in a multicultural setting
- A clear Criminal Record check
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license is preferred
Job Details: Salary: $21.00 per hour.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Application Process: As per the funders requirements, priority will be given to Aboriginal students or students who are a member of a visible minority. Submit resumes and covering letters by Monday May 22nd, 9:30 am to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please review our website http://www.kitshouse.org before applying.
***No phone calls please, let your written presentation do the talking***
Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC (ANHBC) is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position. Our total compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to our staff and their family. For more information about ANHBC please visit www.anhbc.org.
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will proactively contact those selected for interviews.
ANHBC Member Houses:
Alex NH, Cedar Cottage NH, Frog Hollow NH, Gordon NH, Kitsilano NH,
Mount Pleasant NH, South Vancouver NH and Sasamat Outdoor Center
Submit resumes and covering letters by Tuesday, May 23, 2017 to:
Trish De Luca
No phone calls please We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Kits House is an equal opportunity employer.