Community Event Coordinator
(Student Summer Position)
30 hours per week for 16 weeks
The hub of Vancouver West since 1894, Kits House is serving the needs of Vancouver Westside’s diverse population by offering programs and services for low income residents, single parents, children, youth, isolated seniors, new and long-time residents. It is also an excellent historical site where you can host your next meeting, event or wedding.
Working in the events and marketing team under the direction of the Coordinator of Marketing & Special Projects, the primary responsibility of this position is to assist in marketing, including social media, email, experiential, and traditional methods as well as community events held at Kits House and by community partners. There is a strong desire to reach First nation, immigrant and minority groups within our community. This role will help to achieve this through event logistics, marketing, communications and related special projects.
- Create and post social media content as per the social media schedule to promote Kits House programs and increase Facebook followers.
- Create monthly newsletter campaigns with Kits House Programs and engaging community news.
- Update and edit the summer Program Guide with active programs at Kits House.
- Create posters and brochures as required.
- Brainstorm and create content for Kits House Blog posts to have greater community reach.
- Research websites, blogs, and contacts for various advertising outlets for individual program demographic needs.
- Provide logistical planning and support for summer events with community partners.
- Aid in the supervision of Kits House volunteers.
- Update the website with Kits House News, blogs, program changes etc.
- Aid in the preparation of large fall fundraising events including vendor sourcing, vendor relations, sourcing donations, and vendor application creation.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be an existing registered full-time student aged between 15 and 30.
- You must be intending to return to school and be either a Canadian Citizen, permanent employee or have official refugee status.
- Post-secondary education in social sciences or business
- Minimum of 1 years work experience in a coordinating role
- Knowledge of organizational communication and marketing required
- Superior organizational and administrative skills, ability to multi task and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and able to apply broad project goals to create a specific work plan
- Ability to make external contacts and ability to promote the organization’s mission, mandate and goals to an external audience
- Proficiency with Publisher, MS Word, and Excel, MailChimp, Facebook, HootSuite, WordPress, Canva
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity
- Ability to respect and work with a diverse range of employees, clients and community members including children, and families of all races, religions, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and economic levels
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and team skills, with the ability to maintain good working relationships while working under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively with staff, volunteers, community members, and community organizations in a multicultural setting
- A clear Criminal Record check
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license is preferred
Job Details: Salary: $21.00 per hour.
Start date: As soon as possible
Application Process: As per the funders requirements, priority will be given to Aboriginal students or students who are a member of a visible minority. Submit resumes and covering letters by Sunday May 13th, 11:59pm to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please review our website http://www.kitshouse.org before applying.
***No phone calls please, let your written presentation do the talking***
Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC (ANHBC) is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position. Our total compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to our staff and their family. For more information about ANHBC please visit www.anhbc.org.
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will proactively contact those selected for interviews.
ANHBC Member Houses:
Alex NH, Cedar Cottage NH, Frog Hollow NH, Gordon NH, Kitsilano NH,
Mount Pleasant NH, South Vancouver NH and Sasamat Outdoor Center
Submit resumes and covering letters by Sunday, May 13, 2018 to:
Janick Hayek, email@example.com
No phone calls please We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Kits House is an equal opportunity employer.