Kitsilano Neighbourhood House is a seeking motivated and experienced Early Childhood Educator Lead to be part of our Reggio-inspired 25 space daycare for 3 to 5 year olds.
Our ideal candidate will love working with children and be dedicated to early childhood education, to young children and to their families. Must have knowledge and experience in emergent curriculum and an appreciation and understanding of co-learning with children. Candidate will have experience in a community-centred approach that emphasizes the natural environment and artistic expressions. We are looking for a candidate who has innovative ideas about learning through play environments and can implement these ideas in a team-environment.
The ECE Lead is the person-in-charge for the day to day operation at the program location and plays a leadership role in his/her team to organize and direct daily activities. Using a team approach, an ECE Lead provides leadership in developing and implementing a developmentally appropriate Reggio inspired and inclusive quality daycare program for children.
Hours: 35- 40 hours per week
Rate: $18.80-$21 depending on qualifications and experience, plus benefit package
Start Date: June 20th 2016
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a daycare setting
• Experience leading and motivating a staff team
• Valid ECE License to practice
• Knowledge of The Reggio Emilia approach
• Success implementing licensing requirements
• Valid First Aid & CPR Certificate
• Minimum age 19 years (as required by licensing regulations)
• Planning, organizational, leadership, and communication skills
• Ability to work in a multicultural, multi-programmed environment
• Ability to work with families
• Ability to work cooperatively in a non-profit and volunteer-based organization
• Attitudes and values which are compatible with the goals and philosophy of Kits House
• Willingness to engage in the development and implementation of special events and celebrations hosted by the Neighbourhood House.
• Creativity, initiative, enthusiasm, flexibility and a good sense of humor.
Submit resumes and covering letters by Friday, June 3, 2016 to:
Please apply in writing to the Diane Peters, Childcare Coordinator email@example.com with a cover letter and resume highlighting relevant Reggio- inspired or emergent curriculum education and experience. Please put Childcare Hiring Committee in the subject line.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls please We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Kits House is an equal opportunity employer.