Kitsilano Neighbourhood House is a friendly neighbourhood place. People of all ages and cultures come together to enjoy programs and services that make the Westside a healthy, safe and vibrant community in which to live and do business. Kits House is a non-profit registered charitable organization providing services on the Westside of Vancouver from Granville Street to UBC, from Musqueam to Cornwall Street.
Kitsilano Neighbourhood House Childcare Programs are looking for enthusiastic, mature, dedicated, effective team member to work as an Early Childhood Educator Assistant in our childcare programs. The successful candidates will have excellent guiding and caring skills and the ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural, and energetic environment.
To provide quality childcare, in an inclusive, multicultural and co-operative team environment. As a part of this diverse childcare team you will be responsible for assisting with program planning and delivery, preparation of snack, general supervision and ensuring the safety and well-being of the children in the program, providing coverage for ratio during breaks, staff illness and vacation. The position will work in both our occasional childcare program and our full time daycare.
- Early Childhood Educator Assistant License
- Related experience working in childcare setting
- Must have valid First Aid Certificate.
- Strong planning, organizational, leadership, and communication skills.
- Ability/experience working with families of program participants.
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multi-programmed environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a non-profit and volunteer-based organization.
- Able to participate in activities with the children and work flexible hours.
- Creativity, initiative, enthusiasm, flexibility and a good sense of humour.
Additional Qualifications are an asset:
- Second language
- Class 4 driver
Schedule: 31 hours/week Monday-Friday
Expected Start Date: 2-5pm M-F starting April 1st
9-5pm M-Th and 2-5pm Fridays starting May 1st
Submit resumes and covering letters by Friday, March 25, 2016 to:
Submit resumes and cover letters: email@example.com
Closing Date: March 24th 2016
No phone calls please We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Kits House is an equal opportunity employer.