Bumble Bear Daycare is a Reggio-inspired 25 space daycare for 3 – 5 year olds. We are seeking a motivated and
experienced Early Childhood Educator to be part of our dynamic team, where your love of working with children and
dedication to early childhood education, to young children and to their families will flourish. Working at a
neighbourhood house is a place for everyone where your skills and gifts matter. We provide ongoing opportunities for
professional development and mentorship. At Bumble Bear Daycare the children are at the heart of the program, we
base all of our curriculum and programming based upon our children’s needs, interests and gifts.
Ideally you must have knowledge and experience in emergent curriculum and an appreciation and understanding of
co-learning with children. Candidates will have experience in a community-centred approach that emphasizes the
natural environment and artistic expressions. We are looking for candidates who have innovative ideas about learning
through play environments and can implement these ideas in a team-environment.
Hours: 35- 40 hours per week
Rate: $18.10-$20.25/hour based on experience +$1 BC ECE Wage Enhancement for ECE’s and benefits
Start Date: ASAP
- Valid ECE or ECEA License to practice with a valid First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in licensed daycare
- Knowledge of The Reggio Emilia approach
- Success implementing licensing requirements
- Minimum age 19 years (as per licensing regulations)
- Planning, organizational, leadership, and communication skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multi-programmed environment and with families
- Ability to work cooperatively in a non-profit and volunteer-based organization
- Attitudes and values which are compatible with the goals and philosophy of Kitsilano Neighbourhood House
- Willingness to engage in the development and implementation of special events and celebrations hosted by the Neighbourhood House.
- Creativity, initiative, enthusiasm, flexibility and a good sense of humor.
Please apply in writing to Diane Peters, Director of Childcare and Family Programs email@example.com with a
cover letter and resume highlighting relevant Reggio- inspired or emergent curriculum education and experience.
Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC (ANHBC) is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high
value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying
for the position. Our total compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to our staff and their
For more information about ANHBC and Kitsilano Neighbourhood House, please visit www.anhbc.org.
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will proactively contact those selected for interviews.
ANHBC Member Houses:
Alex NH, Cedar Cottage NH, Frog Hollow NH, Gordon NH, Kitsilano NH,
Mount Pleasant NH, South Vancouver NH and Sasamat Outdoor Center
Submit resumes and covering letters to:
No phone calls please We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Kits House is an equal opportunity employer.