Kitsilano Neighbourhood House is seeking a motivated and experienced Early Childhood Educator to cover for staff absences during the months of October 1st-December 24th 2015 in a Reggio-inspired daycare for 3 to 5 year olds.
Our ideal candidates would love working with children and be dedicated to early childhood education, to young children and to their families. Must have knowledge and experience in emergent curriculum and an appreciation and understanding of co-learning with children. Candidates will have experience in a community-centred approach that emphasizes the natural environment and artistic expressions. We are looking for candidates who have innovative ideas about learning through play environments and can implement these ideas in a team-environment.
Hours: 35- 40 hours per week
Start Date: October 1st 2015
End Date: December 24th 2015
- Valid ECE License to practice
- Knowledge of The Reggio Emilia approach
- Success implementing licensing requirements
- Valid First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Minimum age 19 years (as required by licensing regulations)
- Planning, organizational, leadership, and communication skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multi-programmed environment
- Ability to work with families
- Ability to work cooperatively in a non-profit and volunteer-based organization
- Attitudes and values which are compatible with the goals and philosophy of Kits House
- Willingness to engage in the development and implementation of special events and celebrations hosted by the Neighbourhood House.
- Creativity, initiative, enthusiasm, flexibility and a good sense of humor.
Submit resumes and covering letters by Friday, September 25, 2015 to:
Please apply in writing to the Diane Peters, Childcare Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume highlighting relevant Reggio- inspired or emergent curriculum education and experience. Please put Childcare Hiring Committee in the subject line.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls please We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Kits House is an equal opportunity employer.