Part Time Position: 12 hrs / week
Kits House is seeking a creative, friendly and enthusiastic individual to facilitate our participant-directed Family Resource Program, and assist with promotion and administration of various family programs.
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish collaborative relationships with families and volunteers. In partnership with program participants, she/he will create a welcoming environment that supports early learning, the sharing of knowledge and skills, and the active participation of parents and caregivers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead, adapt and modify activities designed to be inclusive and meet the needs of participants
- Create a welcoming environment that supports the 5 core Family Resource Program service areas
- Develop strong relationships with the parent advisory in order to champion a participant-directed model of service delivery
- Implement engagement strategies in partnership with program participants
- Observe participants and their environments, and ensure safe program conditions
- Assist with various administrative tasks, such as note taking, creation and distribution of promotional materials, and accurate completion of program stats and reports as required
- Oversee the set up of furniture and equipment for activities in collaboration with families and volunteers
- Provide support and direction to program volunteers as required
- One year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Training in Mother Goose circle facilitation and/or willingness to learn
- Experience working with children age 0-12 and knowledge of childhood development
- Ability to identify areas of concern, and provide support and information to parents as needed
- Ability to work in a participant-directed setting, and very comfortable in front of groups
- Self-motivated, friendly and enthusiastic
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal & written
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Enjoys working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of the Neighbourhood House Model of Service Delivery and/or willingness to learn
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, email and internet
- Knowledge of local community resources is an asset
- Certificates in CPR and First Aid recommended
- Ability to speak a second language is an asset
Submit resumes and covering letters by Thursday, February 4, 2016 to:
Sandra Petrozzi, Manager of Family and Seniors Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org
***No phone calls please***
We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Kits House is an equal opportunity employer.
As per Association of Neighbourhood Houses HR polices, all factors being equal, first priority will be given to internal and local applicants. Email your resume and cover letter by 4pm on Thursday February 4th, 2016.
No phone calls please We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Kits House is an equal opportunity employer.