24 hours per week – Tuesday to Friday 3pm to 9pm
Kitsilano Neighbourhood House is experiencing expansion in our programs and services due to our recent redevelopment. We are looking for people to join our team who are interested in being part of a diverse, energetic and skilled team that is committed to working in collaboration with each other and with community to provide needed services, programs and leadership.
The primary responsibility of this position is customer service, basic reception/general office tasks and facilities support to external renters. This position works closely with all operations staff and the schedule flexes periodically to accommodate rentals.
- Welcome those who come to the neighbourhood house and provide general information in person, and direct them to the appropriate programs, services or person.
- Operate a telephone switchboard to answer, screen and forward telephone calls, taking and forwarding messages.
- Keep the reception area clean and organized.
General office duties:
- Data entry and updating social media related to communications and other programs
- Support for external rentals including end of rental lock up
- Photocopy and distribute documents, including newsletters, memos and information packages when needed
- Maintain office with necessary forms required for programs and ensures brochures and information are available to the public as required
- Data entry for program statistics
- Work independently and take imitative to make decisions when needed
- Other administrative tasks as requested by the Operations Manager
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- One to two years of experience as a Receptionist and or Office Assistant
- Completion of high school
- Experienced in cash sales an asset
- Computer competency
- Ability to proof and edit letters and promotional material
- Experience working with the public
- Strong oral and written English skills; proficiency in other languages would be an asset.
- Ability to organize work, meet deadlines, set priorities,
Job Details: Salary: 14.71/hr plus benefits. Tuesday to Friday – likely to include Saturdays as of January 15th. Position available immediately.
***No phone calls please***
We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Kits House is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit resumes and covering letters by Tuesday, November 25, 2014 to:
As per Association of Neighbourhood Houses HR polices, all factors being equal, first priority will be given to internal and local applicants. Submit resumes and covering letters Frontdesk@kitshouse.org Please review our website http://www.kitshouse.org before applying.
No phone calls please We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Kits House is an equal opportunity employer.