As a non-for-profit organization, ANHBC child care programs are committed to the BC Early Learning Framework, focusing on the areas of Well-being and Belonging; Exploration and Creativity; Languages and Literacies; Social Responsibility and Diversity.
We believe that children are capable individuals who observe the world around them, gather information through natural play and rich interactions, and that children develop best at their own pace, in an atmosphere of respect and acceptance. Partnership and collaborative relationships are core values in our approach and we engage families in policy development, program planning and day-to-day channels and discoveries.
We are committed to providing a workplace that fosters; a sense of belonging, opportunities for learning, collaboration, empowerment, creativity and innovation.
School Age Childcare Educator
Kitsilano Neighbourhood House is looking for passionate, creative and experienced educator to join our team. We have opportunity at our new childcare centre located at Lord Tennyson Elementary, expected to open in late fall of 2020. Be a part of creating the culture, community and foundation of our newly opening centre, expected late fall 2020 at Lord Tennyson Elementary.
Job Overview: As a part of a diverse teaching team you will be co-responsible for developing and maintaining a quality childcare program inspired by Reggio Emilia philosophies. This includes curriculum design, program planning and delivery, communication with families and ensuring the safety and well-being of the children in the program. The position will work in our Lord Tennyson Kids Club out of school care program for before and after school.
Split shift 7:30-9:30 and 2-6pm for school age
Rate: $18.10-$20.25 depending on experience + $2/hr ECE Wage Enhancement for those with ECE certification
Benefits: Excellent benefit package including vacation, paid sick time, medical, extended health, dental, pension plan and professional development opportunities
Start Date: October 2020
Closing Date: open until filled
- ECE or ECEA or Responsible Adult
- Valid First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Criminal Record Check
- Minimum age 19 years (as per licensing regulations)
- Planning, organizational, leadership, and communication skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multi-programmed environment and with families
- Ability to work cooperatively in a non-profit and volunteer-based organization
- Attitudes and values which are compatible with the goals and philosophy of Kitsilano Neighbourhood House
- Willingness to engage in the development and implementation of special events and celebrations hosted by the Neighbourhood House.
- Creativity, initiative, enthusiasm, flexibility and a good sense of humor.
Submit resumes and covering letters to:
No phone calls please We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Kits House is an equal opportunity employer.