Kitsilano Neighbourhood House School Age Support Worker
Kitsilano Neighbourhood House is a friendly neighbourhood place. People of all ages and cultures come together to enjoy programs and services that make the Westside a healthy, safe and vibrant community in which to live and do business. We have an inclusive, multicultural, dynamic and collaborative childcare setting which includes working with the other educators to plan and implement a progressive and innovative program inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach.
The School Age Support Worker is responsible for overseeing the full integration of children with extra support needs into the out of school care program. This includes working together with the child, their family, and the staff team to attain goals determined in the Support Guide. Other responsibilities include the provision of quality care for all children in the program. Other responsibilities include developing strong relationships and communication with children, families and colleagues, implementing high standards of care and supervision that promote the wellbeing of all children.
- Related experience working with children who require extra support in a childcare setting
- First Aid Certification
- Completion of a 20-hour course, or a combination of courses in child development, guidance, health and safety, or nutrition
- Strong planning, organizational, leadership, and communication skills.
- Ability/experience working with families of program participants.
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multi-programmed environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a non-profit and volunteer-based organization.
- Able to participate in activities with the children and work flexible hours.
- Creativity, initiative, enthusiasm, flexibility and a good sense of humour.
- Second language is an asset.
Salary: $18.10/hour plus 6% vacation pay
Schedule: 2:30-5:30pm M-F with full days during pro d days and school closures
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Length of Contract: Pursuant to enrollment and Supported Childcare Funding
Submit resumes and cover letters to: email@example.com
Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC (ANHBC) is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position. Our total compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to our staff and their family.
For more information about ANHBC and the Kitsilano Neighbourhood House, please visit www.anhbc.org.
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will proactively contact those selected for interviews.
ANHBC Member Houses:
Alex NH, Cedar Cottage NH, Frog Hollow NH, Gordon NH, Kitsilano NH,
Mount Pleasant NH, South Vancouver NH and Sasamat Outdoor Center
Submit resumes and covering letters to:
Diane Peters, firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Kits House is an equal opportunity employer.