Kits House is seeking a self motivated, high energy, compassionate individual to join the Kits House team. Together you will work with other staff, community organizations and volunteers to create a welcoming and supportive Resource Centre housed within Steeves Manor. Steeves Manor is a BC Housing apartment building providing affordable housing to over 200 older adults.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Minimum requirements are a Diploma in Social Work or a Degree in a related field, plus relevant work experience
- Knowledge and/or experience in crisis intervention, mental health and addictions
- Advanced computer skills, including being adept at using internet search engines
- Knowledge of community resources
- Experience working from a strength based model of service delivery
- Experience working with volunteers and engaging participants as leaders
- Strong knowledge of community resources and services
- Experience with Microsoft Office and internet search
- Attitudes and values which are compatible with the goals and philosophy of Kitsilano Neighbourhood House
- Willingness to engage in the development and implementation of special events and celebrations hosted by the Neighbourhood House
- Valid Driver’s license & access to a vehicle.
- Food Safe Certificate is an asset
- Provide a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for all tenants
- Engage a diverse group of tenants in an annual planning process that will guide Resource Centre activities.
- Oversee the Resource Centre. Provide information and referral and support tenants in accessing social, economic, recreational and educational services and resources in the community
- Write program reports, collect statistics and keep other program related documentations in place
- Liaise and coordinate between program funders, community partners and other service providers
- Engage in Community Development and build partnerships with local community agencies and health providers
- Develop a volunteer program which includes job descriptions, tracking hours, building community capacity through volunteerism and provide volunteer training opportunities for tenants
Salary: $22.65 per hour plus an excellent benefit package
Schedule: 31 hours per week, occasional evenings and weekend work
Location: 3rd and Wallace St. Vancouver.
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Submit resumes and covering letters by Tuesday, March 22, 2016 to:
Please email resumes and cover letters by March 21st at noon to: email@example.com
***No phone calls please***
We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Kits House is an equal opportunity employer.
As per Association of Neighbourhood Houses HR polices, all factors being equal, first priority will be given to internal and local applicants.
No phone calls please We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Kits House is an equal opportunity employer.