Steeves Manor Resource Centre Programmer
Kitsilano Neighbourhood House is seeking a self-motivated, high energy, compassionate individual to join the Kits House team. With the support of the Resource Centre Coordinator, you will work with other staff, community organizations and volunteers to create a welcoming and supportive Resource Centre housed within Steeves Manor. Steeves Manor is a BC Housing apartment building providing affordable housing to over 200 residents.
- Provide a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment for all tenants
- Engage and encourage a diverse group of tenants to participate in programming
- Oversee the Resource Centre. Provide information & referral and support tenants in accessing social, economic, recreational and educational services and resources in the community
- Write program reports, collect statistics and keep other program related documentations in place
- Liaise and coordinate between community partners and other service providers
- Engage in community development and maintain partnerships with local community agencies and health providers
- Sustain a volunteer program which includes updating job descriptions, tracking hours, building community capacity through volunteerism and provide volunteer training opportunities for tenant.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Minimum requirements are a Diploma/Degree in Social Work or a in a related field, minimum 2 years relevant work experience
- Knowledge and/or experience in crisis intervention, mental health and addictions
- Strong Knowledge of community resources and services
- Experience working from a strength based model of service delivery
- Experience working with and leading volunteers and engaging participants as leaders
- Experience with Microsoft Office and internet search
- Attitudes and values which are compatible with the goals and philosophy of Kitsilano Neighbourhood House
- Willingness to engage in the development and implementation of special events and celebrations hosted by the Neighbourhood House
- Valid Driver’s license & access to a vehicle
- Food Safe Certificate is required or willingness to obtain
- Dog friendly is an asset
Salary: $18.80 – $22.20 per hour plus an excellent benefit package
Schedule: 21 hours per week, occasional evenings and weekend work, work days can be negotiated
Location: 1985 Wallace St. Vancouver. Expected Start Date: ASAP
Please email cover letter, resume and 3 references by 9am February 2, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will only be contacting those selected for interviews.
***No phone calls please***
Kitsilano Neighbourhood House is a member of the Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC (ANHBC), which is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position. Our total compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to our staff and their family. For more information about Kitsilano Neighoburhood House visit www.kitshouse.org and ANHBC visit www.anhbc.org.
ANHBC Member Houses: Alexandra NH, Cedar Cottage NH, Frog Hollow NH, Gordon NH, Kitsilano NH, Mount Pleasant NH, South Vancouver NH and Sasamat Outdoor Center
Submit resumes and covering letters by Friday, February 2, 2018 to:
No phone calls please We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Kits House is an equal opportunity employer.