Lord Tennyson Childcare Centre
Kits House will be operating the childcare centre that will be incorporated into the new Lord Tennyson Elementary School building upon completion. The projected opening date is December 2020. The childcare centre will include the following programs and spaces:
- 12 full time infant spaces (0 to 18 months)
- 12 full time toddler spaces (18 to 36 months)
- 25 full time spaces for children aged 3-5 years
- 16 spaces in a part time pre-kindergarten program for children aged 3-5 that operates from 9:15am-2:15pm
- 20 spaces for before and after school care
Kits House childcare programs create a community of learning, where community development work meets childhood education. We embrace the process of learning, encouraging our teachers to be present, listening and growing alongside our children. We support the interests of the children. The materials offered to the children are rich with creative possibilities. Highly qualified staff ensure a Reggio Emilia inspired approach to learning through their delight in children, an understanding of the value of play, their vision, heart, knowledge, skills, and a strong commitment to families. We encourage our learners to think creatively, to innovate, while experiencing the world through compassionate eyes.
Lord Tennyson Elementary School – 1936 West 10th Ave
Date & Time
Expected opening November of 2020
Infant & Toddler, 3-5 | Full time program | 7:30am – 5:30pm
3-5 | Part Time Program | Monday-Friday 9:15am – 2:15pm
Out of School Care
Before School Care | 7:30am -9:00am
After School Care | 3:00pm – 6:00pm
Full day care | 7:30am – 6:00pm available on Pro D Days
Children must be between the ages of 0 months to 12 years.
$50 non-refundable registration fee
*all fees reflect the cost after the Provincial Fee Reduction Initiative
Infant & Toddler | $1161/month
3-5 Full Time | $1048/month
3-5 Part Time (5 hours/day) | $700/month
Before School Care | $118
After School Care | $430
Before and After School Care | $548
Kits House Childcare Enrollment
The waitlist for Kits House childcare programs is not first come first served. We have a priority rating system to ensure that spaces in KNH Childcare Programs are being offered to those families who are a priority for those we serve on the Westside, as well as providing a continuum of care.
Enrollment priority will be according to the following order for all children who are registered and all applicable membership and waitlist fees have been paid. Please note that the waitlist will go by registration date within each of the following priorities.
- Children switching between programs (ie. infants moving to toddler program)
- Children who have siblings currently registered in a KNH childcare program
- Children who have siblings attending Lord Tennyson Elementary (LT childcare programs only)
- Children registered in another childcare program
- Families living in Kits (Burrard west to Alma, water south to 16th)
- Families working in Kits (Burrard west to Alma, water south to 16th)
- Families living on Vancouver’s Westside (Granville west to UBC, Water south to 43rd Ave)
- Families working on Vancouver’s Westside (Granville west to UBC, Water south to 43rd Ave)
To register on the waitlist please visit the main childcare page to complete the online registration form and pay your fees. Please note the following age requirements below, applications received for children who do not meet the age requirements will not be accepted and fees will not be refunded.
Infant/Toddler: must have already been born
3-5 full and part time: child must be two years old
Out of School Care: you may register the year before your child enters kindergarten.
$20 annual family membership + $25 waitlist fee.
*it is the family’s responsibility to make sure their annual membership is up-to-date.