Newcomer Mapping Project
‘Newcomers Guide to the Westside’ & Community Resources Website!
*** Available in multiple languages
In autumn 2009, over 100 Westside newcomers participated in dialogue workshops to identify community needs, strengths and resources for newcomers on the Westside of Vancouver. Workshop and dialogue sessions used the ‘Finding Home’ model developed by Jessie Sutherland of Worldview Strategies (www.worldviewstrategies.com) to discuss topics, such as:
- What creates a newcomer-friendly community?
- What creates a sense of home?
- What community resources are used by newcomers?
- What are the unique needs of cultural groups and newcomers to the Westside?
How do I get a copy of the ‘Newcomers Guide to the Westside?
Available in English, Chinese, Korean, Farsi, Spanish
• In person: Visit Kits House at 2325 W. 7th Ave & Vine to pick up your free copy available in 5 languages
• Online: Download printable guides in 5 languages
• Paper: To receive additional copies please contact 604-736-3588 and include your name, contact information, mailing address & the language(s) and quantity of guides you are requesting
PLUS visit the NEW Kits House Community Resources web page to find information about community services, settlement, education, health & more!