Welcoming Neighbours: English Conversation Circles
English Conversation Circles are:
- An opportunity to talk about everyday language and life
- Guided by participants’ interests
- Helpful in building confidence
- Small groups—up to 6 people
- Made up of people from diverse backgrounds
- Led by a volunteer native English speaker
- Relaxed and friendly
These Circles are for people who:
- Would like to improve their everyday English through conversation
- Would like to make new friends while practicing English
- Would like to learn more about Canadian culture
There are Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced circles.
Choose the Circle that is best for you!
We can help you with that!
Circles are held once a week for 8 weeks.
$15 for the 8 sessions (includes annual membership to Kits House)
$10 for the 8 sessions, if you have a valid annual membership to Kits House)
We usually run English Conversation Circles in Spring, Fall and Winter.
English Conversation Circles (ECCs) start the week of April 8th — Registration is OPEN NOW!
They run for 8 weeks for 1.5 hours/week (if you can only make it for 1 hour, that’s okay too).
Register in person at Kits House: 3683 West 4th Avenue – Office hours are 9:00-5:00pm Monday to Friday.
Kits House will be closed for the Easter holidays on Friday March 29th and Monday April 1st.
Registration is on a first come, first served basis (if there is still space!) Cash or cheque only!
Beginner Level with Veronica - Thursdays 11:00-12:30
Intermediate Level with Lorna - Thursdays 11:00-12:30
Advanced Level with Bill or Sheila - Wednesdays 11:00-12:30
English Conversation circles and volunteer training are supported by Decoda Literacy Solutions and is made possible through funding from the Ministry of Education.