Bumble Bear Daycare
Kits House – 2305 West 7th Ave, Vancouver
Monday to Friday
7:30 am – 5:30 pm
- Children must be 2.5 – 5 years old
- Must have an annual Kits House family membership
Kits House Childcare Enrollment and Priority Policy
The waitlist for Kits House childcare programs is not first come first served. We have a priority rating system to ensure that spaces in Childcare Programs are being offered to those families who are a priority for those we serve on the Westside, as well as providing a continuum of care.
Enrollment priority will be according to the following order for all children who are registered and all applicable membership and waitlist fees have been paid. Please note that the waitlist will go by registration date within each of the following priorities.
- Children switching between programs (ie. infants moving to toddler program)
- Children who have siblings currently registered in a KNH childcare program
- Children who have siblings attending Lord Tennyson Elementary (LT childcare programs only)
- Children registered in another childcare program
- Families living in Kits (Burrard west to Alma, water south to 16th)
- Families working in Kits (Burrard west to Alma, water south to 16th)
- Families living on Vancouver’s Westside (Granville west to UBC, Water south to 43rd Ave)
- Families working on Vancouver’s Westside (Granville west to UBC, Water south to 43rd Ave)
Bumble Bear Daycare is a full-time daycare for children aged 3-5 years old. There are a total of 25 spaces, with a maximum of two children aged 2.5 years old allowed in the program.
Bumble Bear Daycare creates a community of learning, where community development work meets early childhood education. We embrace the process of learning, encouraging our teachers to be present, listening and growing alongside our children. We support the interests of the children. The materials offered to the children are rich with creative possibilities. Highly qualified staff ensure a Reggio Emelia inspired approach to learning through their delight in children, an understanding of the value of play, their vision, heart, knowledge, skills, and a strong commitment to families. We encourage our learners to think creatively, to innovate, while experiencing the world through compassionate eyes.
All of our childcare programs are currently full and no longer accepting applications to the waitlist. We anticipate the waitlist re-opening in early spring of 2022. You can sign up for notification for when the waitlist re-opens here
Learning and teaching should not stand on opposite banks and just watch the river flow by; instead, they should embark together on a journey down the water. Through an active, reciprocal exchange, teaching can strengthen learning how to learn.