Bumbletree Childcare: Part-time Care
Bumbletree provides stimulating and Reggio inspired activities for children in a safe and fun space, allowing children to make friends and help them with school readiness while freeing up time for families! Activities you’ll find in our program; Child-led activities; community engagement; celebrating and learning about a variety of cultures through projects and songs; fun and creative activities and projects; circle time including songs and felt stories; active gross-motor activities such as dance and movement; exploring the outdoors.
Click Here to Learn More
Below are the extra safety precautions this program is taking during Covid19. To see Kits House’s Covid Safety plan, please click here.
- increased cleaning and sanitation of program space and materials
- daily health screening of children
- strict illness policy
- set drop off and pick up times to reduce gatherings of people
- social distancing and mask wearing enforced for all families that need to enter the centre
Kits House – 2305 West 7th Ave, Vancouver
Date & Time
Mondays – Thursdays
Children can register 1-3 mornings per week
9:30am – 12:30pm
- Child must be 30 months to 5 years old
- $20 annual family membership
*It is the family’s responsibility to make sure their annual membership is up-to-date.
$50 non-refundable registration fee
- 1 day per week – $173 per month
- 2 days per week – $346 per month
- 3 days per week – $518 per month
First and last month’s fees are to be paid at time of registration, as a deposit.
Kits House Childcare Enrollment
The waitlist for Kits House childcare programs is not first come first served. We have a priority rating system to ensure that spaces in KNH Childcare Programs are being offered to those families who are a priority for those we serve on the Westside, as well as providing a continuum of care.
Enrollment priority will be according to the following order for all children who are registered and all applicable membership and waitlist fees have been paid. Please note that the waitlist will go by registration date within each of the following priorities.
- Children switching between programs (ie. infants moving to toddler program)
- Children who have siblings currently registered in a KNH childcare program
- Children who have siblings attending Lord Tennyson Elementary (LT childcare programs only)
- Children registered in another childcare program
- Families living in Kits (Burrard west to Alma, water south to 16th)
- Families working in Kits (Burrard west to Alma, water south to 16th)
- Families living on Vancouver’s Westside (Granville west to UBC, Water south to 43rd Ave)
- Families working on Vancouver’s Westside (Granville west to UBC, Water south to 43rd Ave)
To register on the waitlist please visit the main childcare page and follow the links to complete the online registration form and pay your fees. Children must be at least 2 years old to register on the waitlist. Applications for children younger than this will not be accepted and fees will not be refunded.
Our waitlists, like other childcare centres, are based on a combination of time in queue and a priority list. The final waitlist is determined about one month before an expected start date.
Due to the changing nature of waitlists and the overwhelming amount of inquiries, we are unable to respond to any waitlist status requests.
$20 annual family membership + $25 waitlist fee.
*it is the family’s responsibility to make sure their annual membership is up-to-date.
Amanda Barstow Early Childhood Education, Programs Coordinator
604.736.3588 ext. 150
Bumbletree was an excellent place for my daughter to get acquainted with her neighbourhood, and gave her an incredible sense of independence at the same time. Bumbletree was also wonderful in helping me identify ways to correct or improve my daughter’s social interaction with others, and they were there with me every step of the way as we prepared her for the next step in her educational journey.