Circle of Security Parenting Program
This is a relationship-based parenting program that will help with developing your confidence as a parent or caregiver and enrich your connection with your child(ren).
The Circle of Security is a map of attachment, and will help you know how to intuitively respond to your child’s needs. For over 30 years of research this method has been proven to promote secure attachment in children 0-6 years-old.
Learn more about it here.
This program will be led by certified Circle of Security facilitators
- We highly encourage that the participant’s child stayshome with a parent, close relative or caregiver while the participant attends the sessions.
- We may offer childminding to children 2 years and older.
- In order to provide a conducive space for reflection we prefer to keep the Circle of Security room for participants and facilitators on. It is very hard to parent and reflect about parenting at the same time.
If you plan to use our childminding services
- Our childminding services are free of cost.
- Fill out the childminding waiver
- You need to reserve your childminding spot for each session in advance.
- We ask you to inform us if you are cancelling childminding for any given session 3 days in advance or as soon as it is possible.
- Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the start of each session to allow time for children to adjust to the childminding setting.
- We do not provide food or drinks for children, please make sure that you pack snacks/meal, utensils needed.
- If the group is Ok and the parent/guardian consents, children may go outdoors, please be weather prepared.
To see Kits House’s Covid Safety plan, please click here.
- Complete Covid-19 health screening checklist during pre-registration online
- Complete Covid-19 health screening checklist before admission into the program with a KNH staff member
- Stay home if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms
- Fever (see below)
- Cough or worsening of chronic cough
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and vomiting
- Muscle aches
- Boost your immune system and focus on a clean healthy diet.
- Wash your hands when entering Kits House and when leaving the building.
- Wearing face coverings are encouraged for protection when social distancing cannot be maintained among adults.
- Keep 2-meter distance between yourself and other adults
- We are sanitizing materials between sessions.
- We will have a maximum capacity of 9 individual participants each day we run the program, and 3 facilitators, thus complying to the physically distant capacity of our room.
- If restrictions are in place and we are no longer able to offer the program in person we will run it online with a reduced number of participants.