English Conversation Circles
English Conversation Circles (ECC) are a great opportunity for you to practice English, build confidence, meet new people, and have fun! Kits House offers Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced level Circles. While we wish we could meet in person we are not able to due to COVID19. Join circle hosts Pam, Avria, Kristin, Louise & Arlene online for English Conversation Circles through Zoom.
Les cercles de conversation en anglais sont une excellente occasion pour vous de pratiquer l’anglais, de renforcer votre confiance en vous, de rencontrer de nouvelles personnes et de vous amuser! Kits House propose des cercles de niveau débutant, intermédiaire et avancé. Bien que nous souhaitons pouvoir nous rencontrer en personne, nous ne pouvons pas le faire en raison du COVID19. Rejoignez le cercle accueille Pam, Avria, Kristin, Louise et Arlene en ligne pour des cercles de conversation en anglais via Zoom.
Los círculos de conversación en inglés son una gran oportunidad para que practiques inglés, desarrolles confianza, conozcas gente nueva y te diviertas. Kits House ofrece círculos de nivel principiante, intermedio y avanzado. Si bien nos gustaría poder reunirnos en persona, no podemos hacerlo debido a COVID19. Únase a los anfitriones del círculo Pam, Avria, Kristin, Louise y Arlene en línea para los círculos de conversación en inglés a través de Zoom
Winter 2021 ECC begins the week of January 19, 2020
Tuesdays | January 19 – March 23
- Intermediate with Kristin – 2:45pm- 4:15 pm
- Advanced with Arlene – 11-12:30 pm
Thursdays | January 21 – March 25
- Beginner with Pam 11-12:30 pm
- Beginner with Avria 1:00 pm -2:30 pm
*Sign up is limited to one circle per participant.
*Beginner Circles may be combined into one if there are not enough participants.
How to Register
How to Register
- Find your level – see below “Which level is right for you?”.
- Click the “Register” button, to register online through Eventbrite – it will say this program is free, but there is a cost to attend the ECC Program
- Pay the $35 ECC Program Fee – Paypal & Credit Card accepted (use the “Pay Program Fee” button to pay)
- Click “Get Kits House Membership” to pay for your $10 Membership (Skip this step if you’ve already paid your annual membership – Apr 1, 2020 – Mar 31, 2021)
Space in each circle is limited – we ask that if you sign up for an English Conversation Circles that you are committed to attending all the sessions. Participants are limited to signing up for just one Circle in the Fall Sessions.
Which level is right for you?
All Circles are led by English-speaking volunteer hosts. Please be aware that Circles are not classes or lessons. They are groups where discussions are about things that interest you.
- I can understand better when people speak slowly, clearly, and with not too many words.
- I don’t know many words in English.
- I find it difficult to speak in complete sentences.
- I often have to repeat myself and use gestures to be understood.
- I often need to stop and ask for help to say what I mean.
- I usually understand speakers of English. I sometimes have to ask them to repeat.
- My vocabulary is basic, but usually adequate.
- I still make mistakes in grammar and pronunciation.
- People I’m talking to can usually understand me.
- I sometimes need to pause to figure out how to put my thoughts into English.
- I can understand most things that people say to me.
- I have a fairly large vocabulary.
- I can use most verb tenses without errors.
- I converse quite comfortably without too many pauses.
Getting yourself ready for your circle
- Download the ZOOM application to your device – be aware of technology “requirements”
- Ability to log in to Zoom on iPad, tablet, laptop or computer — phone is not recommended as video is an issue — you need to be able to see the others in your circle
- Log into Zoom 5 minutes before each session starts to make sure you are ready for the start of the Circle! This gives a chance for any technical issues to be sorted out.