Family Play Time
Formerly known as Family Drop In. This is a participant-led program, for families with children 0 – 5 years old,
A safe space indoor space to engage with the community, meet neighbours, share skills and have Circle Time together.
As a voluntary effort from Kits House to contribute to lowering risk of COVID19 transmissions, according to our health official, Family Play Time is on stand-by. Therefore those who enrolled in our Nov-Dec groups will have 6 weeks honoured from when we restart.
Click to Learn More
. Below is how we will maintain safety in our Family Play Time. To see Kits House’s Covid Safety plan, please click here.
- Complete Covid-19 health screening checklist during pre-registration online
- Complete Covid-19 health screening checklist before admission into Family Playtime with a KNH staff member
- Stay home if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms
- Fever (see below)
- Cough or worsening of chronic cough
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and vomiting
- Muscle aches
- Boost your immune system and focus on a clean healthy diet.
- Wash your hands when entering Kits House and when leaving the building. There is a washroom at the entrance of the hall.
- Wearing masks and shields are encouraged for protection when social distancing cannot be maintained among adults.
- Keep 2-meter distance between yourself and other adults
- We are sanitizing any toys or materials between sessions.
- We will have a maximum capacity of 20 individual participants each day we run the program
How to tell if your child may be ill:
- Notice a change of behaviour, appetite and personality
- Child may be irritable, cranky or sleepy
- Child may have decreased appetite
- Child may not be interested in playing or activities as they normally would
- May have lost their sense of smell or taste
What to do if you or your child is feeling ill at Family Play Time:
- Put on a mask and leave Kits House immediately
- Notify our staff that you or your child is feeling ill
- Call 811 and describe your symptoms
- Go to https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en and take the Self-Assessment
- Visit a doctor’s office or virtual doctor through Babylon by Telus App
- If feeling shortness of breath, please inform staff and they will call 911
What to do if you have been exposed to Covid-19 and you visited our program:
- Please inform staff at KNH immediately as we need to support Public Health with their contact tracing
- Follow all directions of Public Health (ie. testing/self isolation etc.
What should I know about Hand Sanitizing:
Hand eczema has been on the rise since the pandemic started, many hand sanitizers are not recommended for children under 2 yo, some others are even not recommended for any children or pregnant women. The most effective way of making sure your hands are clean is always hand-washing. Be encouraged to read the labels of the hand sanitizers you use. Lysol wipes are not meant to be used on the skin.
Kits House – 2305 West 7th Ave, Vancouver
* Access to Kits House has changed due to covid: Please enter through the Main Hall door (not lobby as previously), strollers will need to be manually brought up the stairs, however wheelchair users may access the elevator.
Date & Time
Starting November 2nd
*Families must register to one of the weekly groups for the entire period November 2nd to December 18th (7 sessions)
Group A) 10am – 10:45 am
Group B) 11:15am – 12pm
Group C) 10am – 10:45am
Group D) 11:15 am – 12pm
Group E) 3:00pm – 3:45pm
Group F) 10am -10:45 am
Cost for the period (includes one adult and this number of children*)
$21 one child
$35 two children
$49 3 children
*If a second adult per family wants to join please ask Jimena ahead of time.
*If your family requires payment flexibility please email Jimena
*We are honouring old tickets purchased pre-pandemic.