The Administrative Clerk interacts and engages the public. This is a wide-reaching but flexible position that covers four main areas: administration, communications, light accounting and space rental. This is an on-call/casual position.
Duties and Responsibilities: Administration
- Front line reception: answering phones, providing information and referrals, directing calls to appropriate staff, greeting people coming in the door, handling email inquiries
- General administrative support
- Assist and orient front office volunteers where necessary
- Program registration
- Assist with set-up of all House-wide events, staff workshops, and meetings as requested. This includes events and meetings outside of the regular works schedul
- Troubleshoot office technology – fax, copier, phone maintenance
- Other admin duties as requested by the Operations Manager and/or Executive Director
Communications and Marketing
- Post and manage the community board
- Accept fees and issue receipts for services and/or programs,
- Create client files in ACCPAC
- Handle daily reconciliation of cash/receipts
- Process accounts payable
- Flexibility to work shifts to accommodate evening and weekend rentals
- Process and review contracts with renters
- Provide support to the renter including locating cleaning supplies in Janitor closets. Ensure the space has been properly cleaned to our standards and rental equipment has been put back in its original location.
- Set up Audio/Video equipment
- Showcase rental spaces to potential renters
- Sell the wedding packages and provide follow up services to clients.
- Other duties as assigned
- Comfortable being the only staff on site in the evenings and on weekends.
- Minimum of 2 years office experience
- Excellent verbal and written skills with highly developed interpersonal skills; tact, diplomacy, and flexibility in working with a diverse population
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher and Access; Proficiency in ACCPAC are assets
- Experience in handling financial transactions
- Ability to solve problems and react quickly to situations and inquiries
- Ability to create and maintain meaningful relationships with community members, and partnering agencies
- 2nd language and/or experience working in a multicultural environment an asset
- Creative flare an asset
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends, flexible to cover sick and vacation leaves. Be available on rotating schedule as needed.
- Demonstrated initiative to manage multiple priorities with ease and have an increased attention to details.
- Basic understanding of sale principles and customer service practices.
- This position may be required to assist with set-up of tables, chairs and other room equipment. Requires lifting up to 25lbs.
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
Kitsilano Neighbourhood House is committed to protecting the health and safety of its employees and the community. Subject to legal exemptions, proof of COVID-19 vaccination status will be required for this role prior to starting employment
Salary: 5A, $17.46 – $18.46/ hour ($31,913-$33,732 Annual)
Schedule: Day time with some evening and weekend shifts, casual/on-call
Location: Kits House 2305 West 7th Ave, Vancouver
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Submit resumes and cover letters by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
*** No phone calls please ***
We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed
will be contacted. Previous applicants need not apply.
Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC (ANHBC) is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position. Our total compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to our staff and their family.
For more information about ANHBC and the Kitsilano Neighbourhood House, please visit www.anhbc.org.
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will proactively contact those selected for interviews.
ANHBC Member Houses: Alex NH, Cedar Cottage NH, Frog Hollow NH, Gordon NH, Kitsilano NH, Mount Pleasant NH, South Vancouver NH and Sasamat Outdoor Centre
Submit resumes and covering letters to:
No phone calls please We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Kits House is an equal opportunity employer.