Kitsilano Neighbourhood House (Kits House) is a registered non-profit charity organization dedicated towards improving the quality of both community and family life. Kits House offers a variety of programs and services which support the diverse populations living on the Westside of Vancouver (Kitsilano, Dunbar, Arbutus Ridge and Point Grey).
The Better at Home Program provides non-medical support for older adults. Under the supervision of the Director of Community Programs, the Better at Home Program Assistant, will take the lead on scheduling housekeeping services, invoicing and the grocery shopping program. This position works in collaboration with the Better at Home Coordinator. We are looking for a self-motivated and compassionate individual to join the Better at Home Team. Training will be provided.
- Provide a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for seniors / older adults
- Schedule housekeeping services; followed up by invoicing for services
- Connect older adults with volunteer grocery shoppers and follow up with invoicing
- Participates in all staff meetings and trainings
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Minimum requirements: Diploma in Gerontology, Social Work, Nursing or in a related field
- Two years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and practicum
- Experience with Microsoft Office, internet search and basic accounting
- Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Great team player
- Some experience working with other service providers in an integrated service model
- Demonstrated ability to comply with policies and procedures regarding confidentiality, privacy, reporting and record keeping
- Clean Criminal Record Check
- Some knowledge and/or experience in crisis intervention, mental health and addictions
- Attitudes and values which are compatible with the goals and philosophy of Kitsilano Neighbourhood House
Job Details: Maternity leave; Wages: $19.87 – 22.20/hour – Salary Band 7 of the ANHBC Wage Grid
Schedule: 14 hours / week; flexible hours / work days can be negotiated; start date week of April 12th.
Please apply in writing to Romy Senghera, Director of Community Programs, email@example.com with a cover letter, resume and 3 references by 4pm on April 2nd, 2021
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will proactively contact those selected for interviews.
Kitsilano Neighbourhood House is a member of the Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC (ANHBC), which is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position. Our total compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to our staff and their family. For more information about Kitsilano Neighbourhood House visit www.kitshouse.org and ANHBC visit www.anhbc.org.
ANHBC Member Houses: Alexandra NH, Cedar Cottage NH, Frog Hollow NH, Gordon NH, Kitsilano NH, Marpole NH, Mount Pleasant NH, South Vancouver NH and Sasamat Outdoor Center
Submit resumes and covering letters by Friday, April 2, 2021 to:
Romy Senghera, Director of Community Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Kits House is an equal opportunity employer.