Kitsilano Neighbourhood House (Kits House) is a registered non-profit charity organization dedicated towards improving the quality of both community and family life. Kits House offers a variety of programs and services which support the diverse populations living on the Westside of Vancouver (Kitsilano, Dunbar, Arbutus Ridge and Point Grey).
Under the supervision and direction of the Better at Home Program Coordinator, the Home Support Worker will be responsible for assisting older adults by providing high quality light housekeeping services in their homes, thus enabling them to maintain an optimal level of independence. We are looking for self-motivated and compassionate individuals to join the Better at Home Team. Training will be provided.
- Perform light housekeeping tasks which include, but not limited to cleaning, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, dusting, and laundry to help maintain a clean and healthy environment in the home
- Maintains schedule with senior and reports any changes to Coordinator
- Follows established safety precautions when performing tasks
- Observes and reports any changes in the senior’s mental, physical or emotional condition or home situation to Coordinator in a timely manner
- Participates in all mandatory meetings and trainings
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Prior housekeeping experience highly desired
- Genuine interest to work with older adults / seniors
- Be open to understand the aging process
- Must be able to communicate in a warm, friendly and caring manner
- Extremely reliable, punctual and responsible; with high moral standards of honesty and integrity
- Able to read, write, speak and understand the English language; Second language is an asset
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to stand, sit, bend, kneel, walk continuously throughout shift
- Ability to work independently and without supervision
- Demonstrated ability to comply with policies and procedures regarding privacy, confidentiality and risk management
- First Aid and CPR is an asset
- Clean Criminal record check
Job Details: Wages: $16.82/hour – Salary Band 3 Step 1 of the ANHBC Wage Grid
Schedule: flexible hours, availability preferred: 4 to 16 hours per week, work times can be negotiated
Please email cover letter, resume and 3 references: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open until all positions are filled.
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will only be contacting those selected for interviews.
***No phone calls please***
Kitsilano Neighbourhood House is a member of the Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC (ANHBC), which is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position. Our total compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to our staff and their family. For more information about Kitsilano Neighoburhood House visit www.kitshouse.org and ANHBC visit www.anhbc.org.
ANHBC Member Houses: Alexandra NH, Cedar Cottage NH, Frog Hollow NH, Gordon NH, Kitsilano NH, Mount Pleasant NH,
South Vancouver NH and Sasamat Outdoor Center
Submit resumes and covering letters to:
No phone calls please We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Kits House is an equal opportunity employer.