Community Food Developer
Kitsilano Neighbourhood House (Kits House) is a registered non-profit charity organization dedicated towards improving the quality of both community and family life. Kits House offers a variety of programs and services which support the diverse populations living on the Westside of Vancouver (Kitsilano, Dunbar, Arbutus Ridge and Point Grey).
The Community Food Developer will provide leadership, coordinate, and implement outreach strategies to connect Westside stakeholders and community members to create a food secure Westside. We are looking for a self-motivated and compassionate individual to join the Community Programs Team.
· Provide a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment
· Actively engage in planning, developing and evaluating food security and food related community development initiatives for the Westside of Vancouver
· Provide leadership and facilitate regular meetings with the Westside Food Collaborative
· Liaise, develop and maintain effective relationships with community partners
· Participate in the Vancouver Network of Food Networks committee
Qualifications and Skills Required:
· Minimum two years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and work in food security, community development, food systems & urban-agriculture
· Knowledge and understanding of food security, community development, community-based planning processes, and understanding of capacity building and strength-based approaches
· Proven ability to work independently, conduct outreach, facilitate groups, supervise volunteers, organize and manage projects and develop community partnerships
· Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and ability to navigate Microsoft Office/internet
· Cross-cultural communication, understanding, and experience
· Great team player and ability to take initiative
· Clean Criminal Record Check
· Knowledge of the Westside area is desired
· Knowledge of Neighbourhood Small Grants Applications is an asset
· Valid First Aid and Foodsafe Certificates or willingness to obtain
· Attitudes and values which are compatible with the goals and philosophy of Kitsilano Neighbourhood House
Job Details: Wages: $19.87 – 22.20/hour – Salary Band 7 of the ANHBC Wage Grid
Schedule: 7 hours / week; flexible hours / work days can be negotiated; start date 2nd/3rd week of May.
Please apply in writing to Romy Senghera, Director of Community Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume and 3 references by 4pm on April 30, 2021
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will proactively contact those selected for interviews.
Kitsilano Neighbourhood House is a member of the Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC (ANHBC), which is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position. Our total compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to our staff and their family. For more information about Kitsilano Neighbourhood House visit www.kitshouse.org and ANHBC visit www.anhbc.org.
ANHBC Member Houses: Alexandra NH, Arbutus NH, Cedar Cottage NH, Frog Hollow NH, Gordon NH, Kitsilano NH, Marpole NH, Mount Pleasant NH, South Vancouver NH and Sasamat Outdoor Center
Submit resumes and covering letters by Friday, April 30, 2021 to:
Romy Senghera, Director of Community Programs, email@example.com
No phone calls please We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Kits House is an equal opportunity employer.