Community Food Programmer
Kitsilano Neighbourhood House (Kits House) is a registered non-profit charity organization dedicated towards improving the quality of both community and family life. Kits House offers a variety of programs and services which support the diverse populations living on the Westside of Vancouver (Kitsilano, Dunbar, Arbutus Ridge and Point Grey).
The Community Food Programmer plays a key role in implementing and delivering food related programming for Kitsilano Neighbourhood House. With team support, the Community Food Programmer will work with small groups of committed volunteers to sustain a frozen meal program and a virtual community kitchen. We are looking for a self-motivated and compassionate individual to join the Community Programs Team. Training will be provided.
· Provide a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for volunteers of all ages and abilities
· Coordinate volunteers for grocery shopping, cooking, sorting and deliveries
· Menu plan, organize and lead community kitchens virtually with a volunteer chef
· Menu plan, organize and cook meals for 50-150 people, with volunteer support
· Monitor and order inventory of food through food supplies for the agency
Qualifications and Skills Required:
· Two years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and practicum
· Experience with Microsoft Office and ability to use computers
· Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
· Cross-cultural communication, understanding and experience
· Great team player and ability to take initiative
· Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within the organization
· Foodsafe Level 1 Certificate
· WHMIS training an asset
· Clean Criminal Record Check
· Attitudes and values which are compatible with the goals and philosophy of Kitsilano Neighbourhood House
Job Details: Wages: $18.80/hour – Salary Band 4A of the ANHBC Wage Grid
Schedule: 7 hours / week; start date ASAP.
Please apply in writing to Romy Senghera, Director of Community Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume and 3 references by 4pm on April 19th, 2021
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will proactively contact those selected for interviews.
Kitsilano Neighbourhood House is a member of the Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC (ANHBC), which is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position. Our total compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to our staff and their family. For more information about Kitsilano Neighbourhood House visit www.kitshouse.org and ANHBC visit www.anhbc.org.
ANHBC Member Houses: Alexandra NH, Arbutus NH, Cedar Cottage NH, Frog Hollow NH, Gordon NH, Kitsilano NH, Marpole NH, Mount Pleasant NH, South Vancouver NH and Sasamat Outdoor Center
Submit resumes and covering letters by Monday, April 19, 2021 to:
No phone calls please We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Kits House is an equal opportunity employer.