Summer Work for Ages 15-30
Kitsilano Neighbourhood House (Kits House) is a registered non-profit charity organization dedicated towards improving the quality of both community and family life. Kits House offers a variety of programs and services which support the diverse populations living on the Westside of Vancouver (Kitsilano, Dunbar, Arbutus Ridge and Point Grey).
The Community Programmer will provide support and facilitate programming for older adults and seniors living on the Westside of Vancouver. This position works in collaboration with other Community Programmers and volunteers. We are looking for a self-motivated and compassionate individual to join the Community Programs Team. Training will be provided.
- Provide a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for seniors / older adults
- Engage and encourage a diverse group of seniors to participate in programming
- Implement programming within two Resource Centres, provide information & referral and support seniors in accessing social, economic, recreational and educational services and resources in the community
- Write program reports, collect statistics and keep other program related documentations in order
- Engage, liaise and maintain partnerships with community agencies and other service providers
- Encourage and support volunteers / contractors with program facilitation
- Participates in all staff meetings and trainings
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Minimum education requirements: Currently enrolled in Gerontology, Social Work, or any related field
- Two years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and practicum
- Proven ability to work independently, conduct outreach, facilitate groups, supervise volunteers, organize and manage projects and develop community partnerships
- Experience working from a strength based model of service delivery
- Great team player, effective interpersonal, written and verbal, and cross-cultural communication skills
- Ability to take initiative & adapt/change priorities according to changing situations
- Experience with Microsoft Office and capacity to navigate online resources
- Clean Criminal Record Check and First Aid (valid or willingness to obtain)
- Attitudes and values which are compatible with the goals and philosophy of Kitsilano Neighbourhood House
- Dog friendly is an asset
Job Details: Canada Summer Jobs Youth Position; Wages: $19.87/hour – Salary Band 7 of the ANHBC Wage Grid
Schedule: 20 hours / week for 14 weeks; flexible hours / work days can be negotiated;
Please apply in writing to Romy Senghera, Director of Community Programs, email@example.com with a cover letter, resume and 3 references by 4pm on June 4th, 2021
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will proactively contact those selected for interviews.
Kitsilano Neighbourhood House is a member of the Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC (ANHBC), which is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position. Our total compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to our staff and their family. For more information about Kitsilano Neighbourhood House visit www.kitshouse.org and ANHBC visit www.anhbc.org.
ANHBC Member Houses:
Alexandra NH, Arbutus NH, Cedar Cottage NH, Frog Hollow NH, Gordon NH, Kitsilano NH, Marpole NH, Mount Pleasant NH, South Vancouver NH and Sasamat Outdoor Center
Submit resumes and covering letters by Friday, June 4, 2021 to:
Romy Senghera, Director of Community Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Kits House is an equal opportunity employer.