Kitsilano Neighbourhood House – Family Programs Facilitator – Contract
Kitsilano Neighbourhood House is looking for an enthusiastic, mature, dedicated, effective team member for the position of Family Programs Facilitator to work within our Family Resource Programs from May 2021 to March 2022. The Family Programs Facilitator plays a key role in coordinating, developing, and promoting Kits House Family Resource Programs and is actively engaged in outreach to vulnerable families. This position specifically facilitates our Family Play Time Program and our Kits in the Park Program that operates 4 – 5 days a week, as well as supports our Toy Lending Library, and other Family Resource programs as required.
This position is a term position that works a total of 20 hours per week between May 2021-March 2022. Potential for permanent employment at the end of contract dependent on funding.
- Works with the Family Programs Coordinator to develop a program that supports the whole family by providing: play-based childhood development activities, partnerships with community resources such as public health nurses, dentists and librarians, cultural celebrations, and special events
- Facilities Family Play Time and Kits in the Park programs
- Supports the operation of our Toy Lending Library program
- Observes participants and ensure safe program conditions
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with program participants and other stakeholders
- Champions a participant-directed model of service delivery; engages participants to share their skills and get involved in the program
- Assists with promotion of family programs both internally and externally
- Collects statistics and keeps other program related documents in place
- Assists with planning, organizing and coordinating resources, equipment and supplies in order to ensure smooth delivery of the program
- Oversees the set up of furniture and equipment for activities in collaboration with families and volunteers
- Maintains an inventory of equipment and other materials related to activities
- Follows the organization’s COVID 19 Safety Plan
- Supports all Kits House community events and fundraising initiatives
- Assists with orientation and coaching of volunteers and participants, in consultation with Family Programs Coordinator
- Provides support and guidance to program volunteers and participants in interpreting relevant policies and procedures
- Early Childhood Educator or Assistant License to Practice – preferred
- Minimum one year of recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Ability to promote and support a participant-directed setting, and very comfortable in front of groups
- Self-motivated, friendly and enthusiastic
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Enjoys working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Experience working with children 0-5 years and knowledge of childhood development
- Knowledge of the Neighbourhood House Model of Service Delivery
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, email and internet
- Knowledge of local community resources is an asset
- Certificate in CPR & First Aid required
- Ability to speak a second language is an asset
Salary: $ 21.55/hour +6% in lieu of benefits
Schedule: 20 hours/week. Schedule is based on program operation hours; most hours will be between Monday-Friday some Saturday work may be required
Conditions: The Kits in the Park program runs outdoors between the months of June and September rain or shine
Expected Start Date: May 3rd 2021
End Date: March 31st 2022
Closing Date: open until filled
Submit resumes and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC (ANHBC) is an equal opportunity employer.? We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position. Our total compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to our staff and their family.
For more information about ANHBC and the Kitsilano Neighbourhood House, please visit www.anhbc.org.
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will proactively contact those selected for interviews.
ANHBC Member Houses:
Alex NH, Cedar Cottage NH, Frog Hollow NH, Gordon NH, Kitsilano NH, Mount Pleasant NH, South Vancouver NH and Sasamat Outdoor Center
Submit resumes and covering letters to:
Patricia Paz, email@example.com
No phone calls please We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Kits House is an equal opportunity employer.