Lead Educator – Infant Toddler
As a non-for-profit organization, ANHBC child care programs are committed to the BC Early Learning Framework, focusing on the areas of Well-being and Belonging; Exploration and Creativity; Languages and Literacies; Social Responsibility and Diversity.
We believe that children are capable individuals who observe the world around them, gather information through natural play and rich interactions, and that children develop best at their own pace, in an atmosphere of respect and acceptance. Partnership and collaborative relationships are core values in our approach and we engage families in policy development, program planning and day-to-day channels and discoveries.
We are committed to providing a workplace that fosters; a sense of belonging, opportunities for learning, collaboration, empowerment, creativity and innovation.
Lead Educator – Infant Toddler
Kitsilano Neighbourhood House is looking for passionate, creative and experienced educators to join our supervisory team at our new childcare centre located at Lord Tennyson Elementary, expected to open in late fall of 2020. The childcare centre will be located on the roof of the newly built school, and will follow the Reggio Emilia philosophy. This is an exceptional opportunity to help lead the way as part of an exciting new centre that will be inspiring, nurturing and provocative. Lead Educators will have the opportunity to work alongside our Early Childhood Education Programs Coordinator in implementing innovative Reggio inspired programming.
- Leads the staff team to plan, develop and deliver daily activities in line with Reggio Emilia philosophies that support and promote the health and development of the participants
- Nurture a Reggio Inspired learning environment
- Assists in planning, organizing and coordinating resources, equipment and supplies in order to ensure smooth delivery of the program
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with other community service providers
- Writes program reports, collects statistics and keeps other program related documentations in place
- Communicate and promote program information both internally and externally
- Assists in actively participating in, orienting and coaching staff and volunteers of the program in consultation with the Coordinator
- Provide reference and guidance to staff and volunteers of the program in interpreting relevant policies and procedures
- Ensures ratio and licensing requirements are met for the childcare site.
Hours: Rotating shifts between 7:30-5:30 Monday to Friday
Rate: $20.39-$22.81 depending on experience + $2/hr ECE Wage Enhancement
Benefits: excellent benefit package including vacation, paid sick time, medical, extended health, dental, pension plan and professional development opportunities
Start Date: October 2020
- Valid ECE License to practice for 3-5 position and ECE IT for infant toddler position
- Valid First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Criminal Record Check
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in licensed childcare
- Minimum age 19 years (as per licensing regulations)
- Planning, organizational, leadership, and communication skills
- Knowledge of the Reggio Emilia approach to early childhood education
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multi-programmed environment and with families
- Ability to work cooperatively in a non-profit and volunteer-based organization
- Attitudes and values which are compatible with the goals and philosophy of Kitsilano Neighbourhood House
- Willingness to engage in the development and implementation of special events and celebrations hosted by the Neighbourhood House.
- Creativity, initiative, enthusiasm, flexibility and a good sense of humor.
Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC (ANHBC) is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position. Our total compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to our staff and their family.
For more information about ANHBC and Kitsilano Neighbourhood House, please visit www.anhbc.org.
We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will proactively contact those selected for interviews.
ANHBC Member Houses:
Alex NH, Cedar Cottage NH, Frog Hollow NH, Gordon NH, Kitsilano NH,
Mount Pleasant NH, South Vancouver NH and Sasamat Outdoor Center
Submit resumes and covering letters to:
No phone calls please We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Kits House is an equal opportunity employer.