As a non-for-profit organization, ANHBC child care programs are committed to the BC Early Learning Framework, focusing on the areas of Well-being and Belonging; Exploration and Creativity; Languages and Literacies; Social Responsibility and Diversity.
We believe that children are capable individuals who observe the world around them, gather information through natural play and rich interactions, and that children develop best at their own pace, in an atmosphere of respect and acceptance. Partnership and collaborative relationships are core values in our approach and we engage families in policy development, program planning and day-to-day channels and discoveries.
We are committed to providing a workplace that fosters; a sense of belonging, opportunities for learning, collaboration, empowerment, creativity and innovation.
As a part of a diverse teaching team you will be co-responsible for developing and maintaining a quality childcare program inspired by Reggio Emilia philosophies. This includes curriculum design, program planning and delivery, communication with families and ensuring the safety and well-being of the children in the program.
The position will work in our Kitsilano Kids Club out of school care program for before and after school.
- ECE or ECEA or Responsible Adult
- Related experience working in childcare setting
- Must have valid First Aid Certificate.
- Strong planning, organizational, leadership, and communication skills.
- Ability/experience working with families of program participants.
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multi-programmed environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a non-profit and volunteer-based organization.
- Able to participate in activities with the children and work flexible hours.
- Creativity, initiative, enthusiasm, flexibility and a good sense of humour.
- Program requires daily set up, so must be able to move furniture
Additional Qualifications are an asset:
- Second language
- Experience with special needs
Salary: $18.10-20.25/hour based on experience + 6% in lieu of benefits + $2 BC ECE Wage Enhancement (For those with ECE Certification)
Schedule: 30hrs a week from 7:30am-9:30am and 2-6pm and all day during professional days and school closures
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Contract Duration: 8 months. Last day of work will be May 28th 2021
Closing Date: Open until position is full
Submit resumes and covering letters to:
No phone calls please We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Kits House is an equal opportunity employer.