Senior’s Community Programmer
You will bring your senior’s programming skills for this rewarding role. You will be joining a dedicated team of community focused specialists with a desire to build a stronger community with our local seniors as part of our refocus to make Vancouver’s diverse Westside into a sustainable, healthy and connected community where everyone thrives.
Under the supervision of the Better at Home Coordinator, the Senior’s Community Programmer’s helps run key non-medical services requested by the Provincial Government to assist local seniors, especially around food security, independent living, and general wellbeing.
- Provide a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for seniors / older adults
- Engage and encourage a diverse group of seniors to participate in programming
- Support seniors in accessing social, economic, recreational and educational services and resources in the community
- Write program reports, collect statistics and keep other program related documentations in order
- Engage, liaise and maintain partnerships with community agencies and other service providers
- Encourage and support volunteers / contractors with program facilitation
- Schedule volunteers for assigned activities
- Participate in SSSC/Better at Home volunteer orientation and training
- Respond to in-person email and telephone enquiries about SSSC/Better at Home services
- Assist with participant intakes and maintain our client database
- Produce statistics, monthly/annual reports, questionnaires, surveys, and letters under the direction of the Coordinator of the Better at Home
- Participate and assist in organizational events; attends all staff meetings and trainings
- Experience in, or degree related to Social Work, Community Development or an equivalent combination of education, training and practicum
- Good understanding of senior’s issues and how to work with barriers faced by older adults
- Proven ability to work independently, lead and facilitate groups, supervise volunteers, organize and manage projects, conduct outreach, and develop community partnerships
- Experience working from a strength-based model of service delivery
- Excellent organizational, administrative, listening, written, verbal, and cross-cultural communication skills
- Great team player, with effective interpersonal skills and the ability to take initiative & adapt/change priorities according to changing situations and to set strong personal boundaries
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Clean Criminal Record check, First Aid and Foodsafe Level 1 (valid or willingness to obtain)
- Attitudes and values which are compatible with the goals and philosophies of Kitsilano Neighbourhood House
- Ability to work flexible hours – may require evening and weekend work; work outdoors on occasion, and work from multiple sites.? Hybrid working model with onsite work required for program delivery and facilitation, administrative work can be done from home.
- The candidate should be in good physical health to meet the demands of the position – walking, some lifting and moving supplies. Occasionally setting up tables and chairs.
Job Details: Permanent full-time position.
Wages: $22.90 – $24.11 per hour – Salary Band P4 of the ANHBC Wage Grid
Schedule: 35 hours/week; start date ASAP
Kitsilano Neighourhood House is committed to protecting the health and safety of its employees and the community. Subject to legal exemptions, proof of COVID-19 vaccination status will be required for this role prior to starting employment.
Please email cover letter, resume and 3 references by June 30, 2022 to:
Margarita Chapman email@example.com
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will only be contacting those selected for interviews.
*** No phone calls please ***
Kitsilano Neighbourhood House is a member of the Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC (ANHBC), which is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position. Our total compensation and benefits package reflects our commitment to our staff and their family.
For more information about Kitsilano Neighbourhood House visit www.kitshouse.org.
For ANHBC visit www.anhbc.org.
ANHBC Member Houses:
Alex NH, Cedar Cottage NH, Frog Hollow NH, Gordon NH, Kitsilano NH, Marpole NH, Mount Pleasant NH, South Vancouver NH, Sasamat Outdoor Centre
Submit resumes and covering letters to:
Margarita Chapman firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Kits House is an equal opportunity employer.