My Tween & Me Parenting Workshops
This program provides parents and their tweens with the knowledge, tools and support they need during the child’s transition to adolescence. Offered to parents/caregivers and their children aged 7 through 12, the program strengthens parent-child communication and supports parents in building a positive relationship with their teen.
Childminding and Packaged Snack provided
This program is funded by BC Council for families.
About our Facilitators
Joan Ezra: Kindergarten/Grade One teacher with a master’s degree in Early Childhood. Joan teaches Early Childhood Programs at Vancouver Community College and is a mother of two adopted children.
Farah Nazarali: is a yoga teacher, spirit coach, and pioneer in integrating conflict resolution with Eastern wisdom. She specializes in teaching Retreats and guiding people through transformational experiences.
Bethany Michel: is a registered Psychologist. She received her M.A. and Ph.D. in Clinical Science from Harvard University. Her clinical background includes training in cognitive-behavioural therapy for child and adolescent; anxiety and depression (at the Center for Anxiety and Related Disorders at Boston University and the Judge Baker Children’s Center) and dialectical behaviour therapy for adolescents
Dean Donnelli: Dean is a TELUS Ambassador that presents the TELUS Wise Footprint program in schools all over the Lower Mainland. He has come to Kits House several times to talk with children and parents about internet safety. He has a special way with children as he gets to know each child before he starts his presentation, then using his humorous attention grabbing style, he is immediately embraced by the children putting the parents at ease.
Click Here to Learn More
Below are the extra safety precautions this program is taking during Covid19. To see Kits House’s Covid Safety plan, please click here.
- limited capacity
- facemasks and sanitizing gel provided
Date & Time
- February 2, 2021– Parents’ present concern: Contrasting Lives of Past & Present Day Children
- Guest Speaker, Joan
- Introduction of your children and your concerns followed by discussions of parents and children in terms of what are your parents’ personalities, family life, what school is like, friends, and interested. As parents, what do you want to do differently of the same as your parents?
- February 16, 2021 – Conflict Resolution for Parents
- Guest Speaker, Farah
- Conflicts are a natural and normal part of life, relationships, and parenting. How we handle conflict can determine whether things explode, fester, or resolve. Learn strategies to engage your children and resolve differences in a productive way.
- March 2, 2021 – Online Safety
- Guest speaker: Dean
- TELUS Wise footprint is designed to help elementary school students and their parents learn how to be good digital citizens and keep their digital footprint clean. Dean Donnelli is one of many dedicated TELUS WISE ambassadors doing presentations as a volunteer on his own time.
- March 16, 2021 – Children’s Anxiety
- Guest speaker: Bethany
- Parents will have the opportunity to learn how anxiety develops and is reinforced in children, and how they can help children to build their resilience.
Children must be between 7 and 12 years old
Must register for each individual session
$10 per workshop or $25 for four workshops