Toddler Care at The Collective Tennyson Childcare Centre
The toddler program operates 5 days a week from 7:30am-5:30pm with a group size of 12 children. This program will follow our Reggio Emilia approach to early learning, children will be engaged in various activities and explorations throughout the day, including indoor and outdoor learning.
Daily programming will include; explorations and provocations, outdoor play, snack time, lunch and nap.
A collective is a group of entities that share or are motivated by at least one common issue or interest, or work together to achieve a common objective.
We are a group of educators, children, families and community members that value childhood and the significance and importance of early learning. The Collective Tennyson Childcare Centre is a place where individuals can share their skills, strengths and knowledge to work together to create meaningful experiences for children. Our educators will work together and across the different programs creating the opportunity to connect with each other, and all children and families. Families will feel connected to all programs as well, which will support them as their child continually grows and moves between programs. Community members are invited in to participate in the form of volunteerism, and skill or knowledge sharing. It is a centre that provides high quality learning opportunities for children in our care, and a place where families and community can connect with one another.
2650 Maple St, Vancouver
7:30am – 5:30pm
Children must be between the ages of 18 months to 36 months
$50 non-refundable registration fee
$1,191 (after Provincial Fee Reduction Initiative)
Kits House Childcare Enrollment
The waitlist for Kits House childcare programs is not first come first served. We have a priority rating system to ensure that spaces in Childcare Programs are being offered to those families who are a priority for those we serve on the Westside, as well as providing a continuum of care.
Enrollment priority will be according to the following order for all children who are registered and all applicable membership and waitlist fees have been paid. Please note that the waitlist will go by registration date within each of the following priorities.
- Children switching between programs (ie. infants moving to toddler program)
- Children who have siblings currently registered in a KNH childcare program
- Children who have siblings attending Lord Tennyson Elementary (LT childcare programs only)
- Children registered in another childcare program
- Families living in Kits (Burrard west to Alma, water south to 16th)
- Families working in Kits (Burrard west to Alma, water south to 16th)
- Families living on Vancouver’s Westside (Granville west to UBC, Water south to 43rd Ave)
- Families working on Vancouver’s Westside (Granville west to UBC, Water south to 43rd Ave)
To register on the waitlist please click the “Get on the Waitlist” button to complete the online registration form, followed by paying your fees by clicking the “Pay Waitlist Fee” button. Please note the following age requirements below, applications received for children who do not meet the age requirements will not be accepted and fees will not be refunded.
- Infant/Toddler: must have already been born
- 3 – 5 year olds, full and part time: child must be two years old
- Out of School Care: you may register the year before your child enters kindergarten.
$20 annual family membership + $25 waitlist fee.
*it is the family’s responsibility to make sure their annual membership is up-to-date. You can get your membership by following instructions via the “Get a Membership” button.