Make a Difference in Your Community
Volunteers are active at all levels, from the Community Board to administration and from direct service programs to program planning. The Kits House Volunteer Team donates thousands of hours each year to support Kits House in its programs and activities.
Prior to registering for a Volunteer Information Session browse the Kits House website and familiarize yourself with the programs offered and to see what interests you. Do Kits House programs fit with what you would like to do as a volunteer?
Evening and weekend programs at Kits House are limited! Most program/volunteer opportunities occur weekdays during office hours when staff are working. Does this work with your schedule?
Active Kits House volunteers contribute an average of 4 hours per month. Do you have time to volunteer?
There are numerous programs and activities to volunteer at Kits House
- Better at Home | Drivers & Visitors
- Out of School Care (3 locations)
- Bumble Bear & Bumble Tree Childcare Programs
- Seniors Walking Group Leaders
- Car Seat Safety Educators (new program!)
- Yoga Instructors for Gentle Chair Yoga
- Desktop Publisher/Graphic Arts (Westside Seniors Hub)
- Information & Referral Specialist (Seniors Resource Centre)
- Community Events:
- Picnic in the Park (August 13)
- Kits Beach Fest (August 19)
- Movie Night in the Park (August 20)
For the most updated volunteer positions available register for a Volunteer Information Session!
Volunteer Information Sessions
- an opportunity to fill in a Kits House Volunteer Registration package
- an overview of Kits House
- description of volunteer expectations
- a showcase of programs by Kits House staff
- an opportunity to ask questions, and
- a tour of Kits House!
Volunteer Information Sessions are held monthly on a Tuesday at 4:00pm and are approximately 1 – 1.5 hours in duration – please allow time in your schedule if you are signing up to attend an Information Session. Check out the schedule to the right.
What to Bring
- a piece of government issued photo ID (to be photocopied)
This is a requirement from the Ministry of Justice for your Criminal Record Check application. There is no charge to you for a Criminal Record Check and Kits House will process the form after you complete it. Criminal Record Clearance letters can take up to 4 weeks to clear through the system.
Kits House Volunteers are also Kits House members! The annual membership fee is $10, payable by cash or cheque, at the Front Desk when you start to volunteer.
Info Session Dates
Volunteer Information Sessions for 2017
Once a month on a Tuesday at 4:00pm
|*No session in August|
Register for a Volunteer Information Session
Follow the below instructions to register and reserve a spot at the next Volunteer Information Session
Subject: VOLUNTEER INFORMATION SESSION
In the body of the email include this information:
- Information Session date you are registering for
- Confirm that you have reviewed KNH programs on the website
- Indicate which program(s) you are interested in
- Attach your Resume in PDF or Word document format
Volunteer Information Session spaces are limited and fill quickly! If you register for an Information Session and then find you can’t attend, please let the volunteer Coordinator know so that your spot can be given to another.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Contact our Coordinator of Volunteers, Faith G, at email@example.com or call her at 604.736.3588 x 124