Volunteering at Kits House
Make a Difference in Your Community
Due to the COVID19 virus, most KNH programs are not running and there is no date for when they will resume.
We are working hard on a plan for Kits House programs to start up again if it is possible to to meet the necessary health requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Kits House volunteer please read through the sections below and follow the instructions to complete an online application form.
Kitsilano Neighbourhood House values volunteers and their commitment to share their skills, knowledge, ideas, time, and enthusiasm!
Volunteers are active at all levels, from the Community Board to administration and from direct service programs to program planning. The Kits House Volunteer Team donates thousands of hours each year to support Kits House in its programs and activities.
Most program/volunteer opportunities occur weekdays during office hours when staff are working.
*not applicable during COVID as many volunteer opportunities are on “pause”
Apply now to volunteer by completing the Volunteer Registration Form
Apply now to volunteer through our Volunteer Registration Form
Volunteer Information Sessions
In person Volunteer Information Sessions are currently paused due to COVID19. We hope to meet with all new volunteers in the near future!
What happens at a Volunteer Information Session
- Opportunity to fill in a Kits House Volunteer Registration & Criminal Record Check Forms
- Overview of Neighbourhood House
- Volunteer Software
- Showcase of programs by Kits House staff
- Opportunity to ask questions
- Tour of Kits House!
Volunteer Information Sessions are held monthly on a Tuesday afternoon at 4pm and are approximately 1 – 1.5 hours in duration – please allow time in your schedule if you are signing up to attend an Information Session. Check out the schedule to the right.
Info Session Dates
Volunteer Information Sessions are held once a month!
Tuesday at 4pm on these select dates
Register for a Volunteer Information Session
Follow the instructions below to register and reserve a spot at the next Volunteer Information Session To: email@example.com Subject: VOLUNTEER INFORMATION SESSION In the body of the email include this information:
- Information Session date you are registering for
- Confirm that you have reviewed KNH programs on the website
- Indicate which program(s) you are interested in
- Attach your Resume in PDF or Word document format
- Kits House Volunteers are also Kits House members! The annual membership fee is $10, payable by cash or cheque, at the Front Desk when you start to volunteer.
Not available to attend the information session? Connect with the Coordinator of Volunteers to arrange an alternate date and time. Volunteer Information Session spaces are limited and fill quickly! If you register for an Information Session and then find you can’t attend, please let the volunteer Coordinator know so that your spot can be given to another.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Contact the Kits House Coordinator of Volunteers, Faith G, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 604.736.3588 x 124
Below is a list of programs where there are often volunteer opportunities. Due to COVID, many of these programs been put on pause. We hope KNH programs and activities can start up again one day soon!
- Grocery Shop for a Senior
- Seniors Phone Visits
- Better at Home | Drivers & Visitors
- Seniors Programs
- Out of School Care Programs (Dunbar/Kits House)
- Bumble Bear Daycare
- Bumble Tree Daycare
- Special Event Volunteers
- Front Desk Reception/Admin
- Facilities Volunteer (leaf blowing, snow blowing, small projects)
- Intergenerational Lunch Program Cooks
- Income Tax Clinic Volunteer
- Family Drop-in | Kits in the Park
- Family Drop-in | Intergenerational Connectors
- Family Drop-in | Story Tellers, Musicians
- Mama & Papa Goose
- Car Seat Educator
- Computer Tutor (working with seniors)
- Community Food Market
- Summer Camp
Volunteer Info SessionsTuesdays at 4pm
- Due to COVID19, and social distancing requirements, in person meetings are suspended until further notice. The Volunteer Coordinator will connect with any new volunteers who have registered online to become a Kits House volunteer to let them know about next steps.
June 23 July 21 August 18 September 22 October 20 November 17 December 15