Volunteering at Kits House
Make a Difference in Your Community
Volunteers are active at all levels, from the Community Board to administration and from direct service programs to program planning. The Kits House Volunteer Team donates thousands of hours each year to support Kits House in its programs and activities.
Evening and weekend programs at Kits House are limited! Most program/volunteer opportunities occur weekdays during office hours when staff are working. Does this work with your schedule?
Active Kits House volunteers contribute an average of 4 hours per month. Do you have time to volunteer?
- Better at Home | Drivers & Visitors
- Out of School Care Programs (Dunbar/Kits House/Camosun)
- Bumble Bear Daycare
- Bumble Tree Daycare
- Special Event Volunteers
- Front Desk Reception/Admin
- Facilities Volunteer (leaf blowing, snow blowing, small projects)
- Intergenerational Lunch Program Cooks
- Income Tax Clinic Volunteer
- Family Drop-in / Kits in the Park
- Mama & Papa Goose
- Car Seat Educator
- Computer Tutor (working with seniors)
- Be sure to register for the next Volunteer Information Session!
Volunteer Information Sessions
What happens at a Volunteer Information Session
- Opportunity to fill in a Kits House Volunteer Registration & Criminal Record Check Forms
- Overview of Neighbourhood House
- Volunteer Software
- Showcase of programs by Kits House staff
- Opportunity to ask questions
- Tour of Kits House!
Volunteer Information Sessions are held monthly on a Tuesday afternoon at 4pm and are approximately 1 – 1.5 hours in duration – please allow time in your schedule if you are signing up to attend an Information Session. Check out the schedule to the right.
Info Session Dates
Volunteer Information Sessions
Once a month on a Tuesday at 4pm
Register for a Volunteer Information Session
- Fill out the Volunteer Registration and Criminal Record check forms. Please ensure you bring government issued photo ID for us to photocopy. This is a requirement from the Ministry of Justice for your Criminal Record Check application. There is no charge to you for a Criminal Record Check and Kits House will process the form after you complete it. Criminal Record Clearance letters can take up to 4 weeks to clear through the system.
- Kits House Volunteers are also Kits House members! The annual membership fee is $10, payable by cash or cheque, at the Front Desk when you start to volunteer.
Follow the instructions below to register and reserve a spot at the next Volunteer Information Session
Subject: VOLUNTEER INFORMATION SESSION
In the body of the email include this information:
- Information Session date you are registering for
- Confirm that you have reviewed KNH programs on the website
- Indicate which program(s) you are interested in
- Attach your Resume in PDF or Word document format
Not available to attend the information session?
Connect with the Coordinator of Volunteers to arrange an alternate date and time.
Volunteer Information Session spaces are limited and fill quickly! If you register for an Information Session and then find you can’t attend, please let the volunteer Coordinator know so that your spot can be given to another.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Contact the Kits House Coordinator of Volunteers, Faith G, at email@example.com or call her at 604.736.3588 x 124
Volunteer Info SessionsTuesdays at 4pm
- September 18
- October 30
- November 27
- December 18
- January 22
- February 26
- March 26
- April 16
- May 21
- June 18
- July 16
- Aug 20
- September 17
- October 15
- November 19
- December 17