Volunteering at Kits House
Make a Difference in Your Community
Volunteers are active at all levels, from the Community Board to administration and from direct service programs to program planning. The Kits House Volunteer Team donates thousands of hours each year to support Kits House in its programs and activities.
Prior to registering for a Volunteer Information Session browse the Kits House website and familiarize yourself with the programs offered and to see what interests you. Do Kits House programs fit with what you would like to do as a volunteer? Evening and weekend programs at Kits House are limited! Most program/volunteer opportunities occur weekdays during office hours when staff are working. Does this work with your schedule? Active Kits House volunteers contribute an average of 4 hours per month. Do you have time to volunteer?
These programs currently have openings for volunteers
- Better at Home | Drivers & Visitors
- Seniors Programs
- Out of School Care Programs (Dunbar/Kits House)
- Bumble Bear Daycare
- Bumble Tree Daycare
- Special Event Volunteers
- Front Desk Reception/Admin
- Facilities Volunteer (leaf blowing, snow blowing, small projects)
- Intergenerational Lunch Program Cooks
- Income Tax Clinic Volunteer
- Family Drop-in | Kits in the Park
- Family Drop-in | Intergenerational Connectors
- Family Drop-in | Story Tellers, Musicians
- Mama & Papa Goose
- Car Seat Educator
- Computer Tutor (working with seniors)
- Community Food Market
- Summer Camp
- Be sure to register for the next Volunteer Information Session!
Volunteer Information Sessions
What happens at a Volunteer Information Session
- Opportunity to fill in a Kits House Volunteer Registration & Criminal Record Check Forms
- Overview of Neighbourhood House
- Volunteer Software
- Showcase of programs by Kits House staff
- Opportunity to ask questions
- Tour of Kits House!
Volunteer Information Sessions are held monthly on a Tuesday afternoon at 4pm and are approximately 1 – 1.5 hours in duration – please allow time in your schedule if you are signing up to attend an Information Session. Check out the schedule to the right.
Info Session Dates
Volunteer Information Sessions are held once a month!
Tuesday at 4pm on these select dates
Register for a Volunteer Information Session
At any time prior to attending an information session, please stop by the Kits House Front Desk to do the following so we can begin processing your application:
- Fill out the Volunteer Registration and Criminal Record check forms. Please ensure you bring government issued photo ID for us to photocopy. This is a requirement from the Ministry of Justice for your Criminal Record Check application. There is no charge to you for a Criminal Record Check and Kits House will process the form after you complete it. Criminal Record Clearance letters can take up to 4 weeks to clear through the system.
- Kits House Volunteers are also Kits House members! The annual membership fee is $10, payable by cash or cheque, at the Front Desk when you start to volunteer.
Follow the instructions below to register and reserve a spot at the next Volunteer Information Session To: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: VOLUNTEER INFORMATION SESSION In the body of the email include this information:
- Information Session date you are registering for
- Confirm that you have reviewed KNH programs on the website
- Indicate which program(s) you are interested in
- Attach your Resume in PDF or Word document format
Not available to attend the information session? Connect with the Coordinator of Volunteers to arrange an alternate date and time. Volunteer Information Session spaces are limited and fill quickly! If you register for an Information Session and then find you can’t attend, please let the volunteer Coordinator know so that your spot can be given to another.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
Contact the Kits House Coordinator of Volunteers, Faith G, at email@example.com or call her at 604.736.3588 x 124
Volunteer Info SessionsTuesdays at 4pm
- July 16
- Aug 20
- September 17
- October 15
- November 19
- December 17
- January 21
- February 25
- March 24
- April 21
- May 26
- June 23
- July 21
- August 18
- September 22
- October 20
- November 17
- December 15